Alaska photos.......a special place to cruise

DougH

Here are some photos of my recent cruise on the Royal Princess to Alaska, if you haven't sailed to Alaska before maybe these will get your attention. I'm so hooked I go pretty much every year, its different every cruise.

http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-00a1-faf6-3f92?lb

And if you like these try what I call my "Blue Album" :) These were all taken on an all day small boat tour in Tracy Arm. Warning this is quite long and very BLUE!

http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-00a1-df12-1a76?lb

These albums were created using a link here on Cruise Critic and the site is extremely easy to use.

Great job Doug! I was on the same cruise and am ready to go back.

Notice the huge difference between Tracy Arm on my excursion and what we saw from the Royal? Hard to believe it's the same place. That was sure a fun cruise and a great group from the CC Roll call.

Notice the huge difference between Tracy Arm on my excursion and what we saw from the Royal? Hard to believe it's the same place. That was sure a fun cruise and a great group from the CC Roll call.

I loved your pictures from Tracy Arm. It was a huge difference compared to the day we were there on the Royal. I'm assuming you did this as an excursion out of Juneau? The pictures were fantastic.

I was on the Roll Call, but unfortunately I didn't make it to the meet and greet...I was a little green under the gills from the motion that day. The rest of the trip was fantastic. It was my first small ship cruise, and I loved it.

• 4 years later...

On this trip I had rented a car from Avis and drove up to Emerald Lake a back. The advantage of having the car is that you can stop anywhere you desire for however long you want. You can see the same scenery by doing the longer train/bus tours but you may or may not stop at the viewpoints. The train trips are very nice but you need to do more than the ones that just got to the summit and return. The farther you get into the Yukon the better the scenery gets IMHO. I've gone out with Chilkoot a couple of times and they do a very nice tour.