Century voyage cancelled on second day

dougp1122

First of all take a deep breath - this isn't an everyday occurance so there is bound to be some chaos. Remember to stay civil - bet you know the trick about catching more flies with honey than vinegar right?

Unfortunately ships cannot be replaced like replacing ones car with a rental during repair when damages are big. Be patient I am sure things are now reeling behind the scenses they will come with a decent offer as soon as the insures have had their say in matters.....

Lousy way to start or end a vacation I know but hang in there....

It's probably not much comfort, since when a boat goes down it's extreeeemely annoying, and kind of ruins your vacation. I'm really sorry you're having to go through this.

Still, Celebrity is most of ours cruise line of choice. (Waiting for my high school english teacher to come whack me for the grammar in that sentence! :eek: )

I'm hopeful they make it right for you.

Best wishes!

Here's an article on it. As usual, guests will get full comp plus 25% off on future cruise.

Hopefully the passengers will be able to make adjustments and enjoy the time visiting Europe.

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2010/10/celebrity-century-cruise-canceled-rudder-damage-ship-/127533/1

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Archived