Power Plugs on Dawn

Please could someone who has sailed on Dawn recently confirm that she is fitted with Aus/NZ 3 pin power outlets or are adapters necessary?

Definatly Aus Power Points, perhaps take a power board as well if you have a few things that may need charging...as from memory I think there was only the one (on desk in main cabin) Fiona:)

Hi Pete.

Yes , confirming that Dawn Princess has local plugs. We were on the first Round Australia cruise when she came down here and they had electricians working on the cruise installing them. However , as said above , there is only one in the bathroom , and one in the cabin.

Will I need to buy a converter to recharge all of my electircal gadgets?

If so what kind?

You will need to buy a plug converter from Australian to American but the power is 220volt so make sure your chargers will handle the higher voltage.

You will need to buy a plug converter from Australian to American but the power is 220volt so make sure your chargers will handle the higher voltage.

Did they switch out the 220v euro plugs for aussie plugs or the 110v american circuits? It would seem much more likely that they kept the American plugs and switched the euro fittings to Aussie as the wiring requirements would not be as big an issue. (all of the cruise ships that are "American" run have dual voltage systems 110 for the passengers and 220 for almost everything else like the vacuums for the room stewards)

I was on Dawn last Feb and can not remember having trouble with plugs though I have aussie converter plugs. But IIRC my 110 plugs worked.

I just checked the Princess site and the specs on the Dawn (as of May 17, 2011) show that the cabin power is 110v so I suspect that the change in plugs was made to the "service" plugs which are 220 euro plugs on other ships in the fleet)

Dawn Princess spec sheet shows

Voltage Main cabin - 110V

Sun Princess spec sheet shows

Voltage Main cabin - 110V (1 plug in inside cabins, 2 plugs in all other cabins), 220V (1 round and 1 Australian angled)

That said All ships in the Princess fleet and all ships on which I have sailed have 220 for service use.

Archived