Cruising to Bali, can you buy GPS there that works in NZ

Hi, we are cruising to Bali in march. Are you able to buy a GPS there that will work at home in NZ? Where is best place there to buy one, & about how much do they cost. Any infomation about buying one while in Bali would be appreciated. Thanks for replies in advance. :) :) :)

Although I agree that I don't think Bali would be a great choice to buy it, the other thing is that one bought there is unlikely to have NZ maps. While it would work in NZ, you'd then need to buy a map update (typically $150) to get coverage for NZ.

Agree with the others, definitely buy local in this case.

Although I agree that I don't think Bali would be a great choice to buy it, the other thing is that one bought there is unlikely to have NZ maps. While it would work in NZ, you'd then need to buy a map update (typically $150) to get coverage for NZ.

Agree with the others, definitely buy local in this case.

Actually NZ GPS maps are free. Synopsis started a project back in 2004 and they have had maps available for GPS units for a long time now.

http://nzopengps.org/

I am in Bali now and honestly this is not the place to buy electronics as others have said you can pick them up very cheaply in Australia or NZ. I have a Tom Tom....its fine most of the time..occasionally it decides to give me a guided tour to places I didn't want to go especially in the Sydney CBD but overall they are worth it.

Archived