Jacksonvile FL Hotel and Inexpensive Parking

zaphri

We just got back from a cruise out of Jacksonville. We stayed at the Jacksonville Plaza Hotel and Suites www.jacksonvilleplazahotel.com where the night included a breakfast. Our stay was around $65 including tax I believe. Then we left our car at Jacksonville Park and Cruise www.jaxcruiseparkandride.com. Our experience with them was great. We dropped off our car in their secure lot and they took us right to the port. Then when we got off the ship we walked over to where they were waiting for us and waited a short amount of time (they were filling up a van and we had to wait for the next one). Then they took us back quickly to our car and we were all done. We booked a special rate online with them for $10 for the entire week. I just checked their web site and they have a rate of $5 per day which still isn't bad considering if you park your car at the port it's like $15 a day I think.

• 5 weeks later...

I used them to park this weekend and it was the PERFECT set up! I reserved on-line and when you pull up, they look through their paperwork, give you a number to display on your dash, you park, and get on the bus. That's it!

I will say, though, when you get to the port, you wait till a security person checks each passenger's ticket and passport. That took a while, but I think it would have taken longer had you been in your car (there was a LONG line).

It's very easy to get in and out of the lot and the people are SO nice.

They told us to look for the purple shirts when we got back off the ship and they were there waiting (we were in the second self assist group).

We were in our car and on our way about 9, or a little before.

It seems that their new name is JAX Park 'N Cruise. (but the link above takes you to their site).

Oh, and I didn't see them put any luggage tags on, everyone seemed to already have them.

Archived