New Zealand's FREE Wifi?

hello all, I read somewhere that some ports in New Zealand..can't remember which one now will have free wifi portside after the World Games

Can someone refresh my memory and also are there any other ports with this facility?

Hong Kong & Brunei offer this we discovered on our last cruise

thanks

B&B

HI Happy Aussies, I posted the information some time ago. Wellington will have free WiFi along the waterfront from the Cruise Terminal to the National Museum Te Papa and in the whole of the Central Business District from Parliament to Courtenay Place.

It is hoped to have it in place before the World Cup starts in a few weeks. To my knowledge no other NZ ports offer free WiFi

Happyaussies - the best place to find free Wifi these days is in cafes like Starbucks and The Coffee Club.

As I don't use Wifi (Yet) I am not sure of the whole range of places wifi can be found, but someone will come along and let you know.

A good tip we were given - see where the crew go when they are ashore! In Melborne there is a small shopping complex just off the wharf which was a superette, liquor store and cafe. It was packed with crew all on their laptops!:cool:

Not in the McDonalds at the shopping centre not far from the wharf Auckland. :(

Unless they have got it since last February. :confused:

I think McDonalds where still rolling out there free wifi in NZ then, so I think that McDonalds may have it now.

Next time we are there, I will check it out :)

I think McDonalds where still rolling out there free wifi in NZ then, so I think that McDonalds may have it now.

Next time we are there, I will check it out :)

Thanks - we might need it next Feb! :) We tried one place - outside - but we couldn't hear it much, or see the screen properly.

Ah, sorry for misleading you, seems I was wrong! It is not available every where yet in McDonalds.

11500 locations in the US, many locations in the UK, Aus, and NZ, with more coming online. Didn't check out Europe though.

We must have been lucky, every time we have gone to a Maccas for wi fi access we have been able to hook up (Aus and overseas locations).

Archived