Le Soleil Hotel

MTS

Can any Vancouver residents shed some light on this hotel? Is it nice? Is it in a decent area (good location)? It's located at 567 Hornby Street.

I appreciate your input. ;-)

MTS

Yes it is nice and yes it is located in a good location - more in the financial district but Vancouver's downtown is very compact - only a couple of blocks from Canada Place - shopping at Pacific Center mall - one block - Keg Restaurant almost next door - one block to Sky train rapid transit - YWCA next door - great swimming pool - more of a boutique hotel.

Hope this helps and I am sure that the other Vancouver posters will have more to add.

Cheers from Vancouver

Dennis

Yes it is nice and yes it is located in a good location - more in the financial district but Vancouver's downtown is very compact - only a couple of blocks from Canada Place - shopping at Pacific Center mall - one block - Keg Restaurant almost next door - one block to Sky train rapid transit - YWCA next door - great swimming pool - more of a boutique hotel.

Hope this helps and I am sure that the other Vancouver posters will have more to add.

Cheers from Vancouver

Dennis

Thank you Dennis! I appreciate your input! ;-))

MTS

MTS,

Really nothing much more to add. It's a smaller boutique hotel. Dennis pretty much nailed it.

ell

What exactly does "boutique" type hotel mean, just that it's small?

MTS

• 3 weeks later...

Posted on another thread before I found this one. Any thoughts on the restaurant at Le Soleil? The package I found includes $50. towards dinner at the hotel restaurant, and $40. for room service the next morning (just what we need before a cruise is a $40. breakfast!;) ) Wondering if it's decent.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

We love Le Soleil. It does not have a pool but the rooms are great! The people are wonderful and it is so nice and the decor is beautiful. The location is actually in a nice place too, seems a bit off the main but is close enough to everything really to walk pretty much anywhere. If you can try the corner suites! We did not try the food but it seems spendy and never alot of people in there. The other place we found is good is Sandman Suites.. not the regular one by BC place but the one that was recently remodeled. They have washer and dryers, full fridges and kitchenette! It has a pool, but seems to be closed during off season alot. The decor is nothing to write home about. The Georgian Court is on the other side of town by BC place and that is pretty too. The food at their resteraunt is very good and the prices are fair. The decor is nice and the corner suites are big. The regular rooms are a bit plain though. Hope this helps. We go up to Vancouver at least once a year (usually 2 or 3 times) and love trying new places so if anyone knows a great place downtown let me know. (oh and a good place to shop for grocery's is Yale Town .. I cannot remember the grocery store but it is great! Wonderful bakery!!

Just back from our stay there. Really happy with our room(s). We too had a corner suite, and thought every detail was great. Rooms aren't huge, but certainly adequate for space for two people, and the bathroom was quite nice. We got a package that included $ for dinner and breakfast in the restaurant, and enjoyed the Indian food A LOT-we are fans of Indian food, though. Breakfast was also very nice, and with the package deal we saved quite a bit. I asked about the sparse attendance in the restaurnat, and apparently it does more of a lunch/business crowd thing, M-F, and on the weekends is quite quiet. made for a pleasant meal for us, though.

Andrew

Archived