Avoid American Car rental in Aruba!!

Roscoe13

I reserved two Jeeps from them well in advance of our arrival, about two weeks prior, and when we got off the ship they did not honor our reservation and had rented them out to other people. They stated that our ships time was one hour later than theirs. True, but they knew that in advance. Also, we were let off the ship about a half hour to 45 minutes later than what we expected for unknown reasons. Possibly customs issues or something but nothing we could control.

When we made our way to their booth at the end of the pier they just said too bad, so sad. We explained that they had made a big deal out of letting us know that if we cancelled within 24 hours of our reservation that they would still charge us. As such, I asked why they didn't hold the Jeeps for us? They just kept saying you should have been here an hour ago.

As a concession they found a Dodge minivan for the six of us and said they hoped we could make it work. As we planned on exploring all around the island in the Jeeps, it wasn't close to the same but we took it.

Just wanted others to know that this is how they do business. I told the rental agent that I would be posting my displeasure here. I hope she reads it.:mad:

Archived