Zuiderdam 3-28-05 mini review

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:38 AM.
Carrboro,NC
33 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Sailed with another couple and their 14 yo daughter, my wife our daughter and I were in Suite # 7057 ( directly across from the Neptune Lounge). Our friends were in #7059 next door, so we had Hasan our wonderful steward open up the verandahs and we enjoyed the largest verandah on board!
There were 400+ teens & children on board, not your normal HAL experiance. But not a bad experiance, most of the kids were well behaved.
POSITIVES:
-Neptune Lounge & Cecille & Irene taking care of our every need.....well almost :-)
-Yellow Cabana on Half Moon Cay - DO NOT drink rum all day and go on the banana boat ride!!!
- Pinnicle Grill
- All the quiet places to relax even with a " totally full ship".
- The service from all areas of the ship's staff.
- Food in the Vista was very nice, with a good selection.
- Gourmet wine tasting in the Pinnicle
NEGATIVES:
- Sauna in the Thermal area was broken all week as was the public Men's Sauna..Leslie the Spa Manager did not seem to give a HOOT! She said she would adjust our bill, I am still waiting.
- Deserts...looked great tasted blah
In Summary- a very good experiance!
I will be happy to answer any questions!
Cheers
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Al
Carrboro,NC
33 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
One more cudo that I neglected to mention, that was our waiter Sri at table #59 which was an aft table by the window on the upper level of the Vista. And our wine steward Jerry who was also a pleasure!

Cheers
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Al
568 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Jaxson,
Do you mind elaborating on your cabana experience? Worth the money?
Thanks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
Augustine of Hippo (354-430 A.D.)
Carrboro,NC
33 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
We had a wonderful day at our cabana. It included all the soft drinks and water you would need, chips with salsa and guacamole, a lovely fruit platter and 2 cabana boys ( bartenders from the ship) who would get whatever we requested from the very distant bar. We like the yellow cabana because it is far enough down the beach that it is very uncrowded.
Also included were water mats, snorkel gear and in the cabana is a fan, air conditioner and a refrigerator. On the deck are lounge chairs and misters! Plus your own shower.
Worth it? yes imho
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Al
5,175 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Jax,

Thanks for the review. We've booked the Turquiose cabana. You mentioned that the Yellow cabana was more quiet. Is the Turquiose in a crowded area? I know it's close to rest rooms, etc But...is it a heavy traffic area? I want location convenience but don't wish to be surrounded by loads of people.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Peggy
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3,652 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
The turquoise cabana is in a rather busy area so if it's seclusion you are after, I would pick one further down the beach. The green one has always been a favourite of mine but the pink, purple, yellow, or terracotta cabanas are the ones I would seriously look at. Enjoy your cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Alison

------------------------------------------
Celebrity Eclipse
03/19 South America Cruise Valparaiso, Chile to San Diego, CA
Star Princess
06/16 Alaska Voyage of the Glaciers ~ Northbound
Emerald Princess

06/15 Mediterranean & Aegean
Princess Academy Commodore Cruise
10/15 Grand Caribbean Sampler
HAL - ms Zaandam

Celebrity Eclipse

Carribean Cruise
HAL - ms Eurodam
HAL - ms Nieuw Amsterdam
HAL - ms Noordam
HAL - ms Westerdam
HAL - ms Zuiderdam
NCL - Dawn

3,436 Posts
Joined Aug 2002
Good concise review. I wish more people would submit reviews like this, rather than those which describe every waking minute of every day. If someone needs more info on one aspect, they can ask a question.