RCI priority boarding

I was hoping someone has had (a good) experience of priority boarding at circular quay. I've splashed out on a Suite and I can't wait till December to find out how it works (or doesn't work)

last time we embarked at Circular Quay You join the queue and wait for the escalator to the first floor and head through immigration and x-ray screening and one lane is for priority check in and the other line is for everyone else

Priority boarding doesn't commence until your up the escalators inside the terminal and past xray and customs (like Bob said). Then your priority starts. The trick is to get to OPT by 10 am at the latest, drop your bags and queue up under shelter ie. be first in the queue. They usually have the snakey queuey thing closed off. Just open up one of the ribbony clicky thingys (don't you love my descriptions haha) then be first in the queue. Others will follow quickly LOL They do not open the doors of the OPT until 11 am. I've had priority and regular and to be honest, there ain't much difference at OPT unless you follow these simple rules :p.

Might have some good news for you DIY Dave

I work at the OPT doing check ins for RCI so this may help.

The check in process at the OPT for RCI has/is being changed in an effort to improve it and attempt to overcome the size (lack of) the terminal, bearing in mind that the Voyager of the Seas, due at the end of the year, will have over 3500 odd passengers

As of last month the whole procedure has been reversed . "Check in" is now done first and then customs and then security which allows priority check in guests to be guided up the escalators and onto the priority check in lines without having to line up outside, as was the case before. Yesterday we also started trialling staggered times for check in an attempt to shorten the queue outside so hopefully this will help as well.

Rumor has it that there are also some "refurbishment" plans for the OPT coming up soon which will may help bring it up to speed with the new White (Elephant) Bay Terminal.

Rumor has it that there are also some "refurbishment" plans for the OPT coming up soon which will may help bring it up to speed with the new White (Elephant) Bay Terminal.

Love the name :D:D:D- suggest they leave out the 'Bay' and just call it White Elephant Terminal.

The check in process at the OPT for RCI has/is being changed in an effort to improve it and attempt to overcome the size (lack of) the terminal, bearing in mind that the Voyager of the Seas, due at the end of the year, will have over 3500 odd passengers

As of last month the whole procedure has been reversed . "Check in" is now done first and then customs and then security which allows priority check in guests to be guided up the escalators and onto the priority check in lines without having to line up outside, as was the case before. Yesterday we also started trialling staggered times for check in an attempt to shorten the queue outside so hopefully this will help as well.

Wow, thank you for the update. You have made my day, part of my concerns were the past posts about congestion and part was the fact that we are going on the Voyager of the seas and recognized the huge number of passengers to be handled.

Ooooo this is fabby news. Now all us Elitists no longer have to "hang" with the povo class at embarkation :D.......Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :p

On a more serious note......better late than never RCL.....good job on attempting to try and sort out the embarkation debacle at OPT.

LMAO@White Elephant hahahaha

I was hoping someone has had (a good) experience of priority boarding at circular quay. I've splashed out on a Suite and I can't wait till December to find out how it works (or doesn't work)

We've used priority boarding every time in Sydney with RCL at the OPT. You'll see signs for passengers in Suites, Pinnacle, Diamond Plus and Diamond at one end of the check-in. It's a breeze checking in there, we've never had to queue for priority check-in in Sydney ever.

Enjoy your Suite and your cruise? Which ship are you cruising on?

Jill:)

We've used priority boarding every time in Sydney with RCL at the OPT. You'll see signs for passengers in Suites, Pinnacle, Diamond Plus and Diamond at one end of the check-in. It's a breeze checking in there, we've never had to queue for priority check-in in Sydney ever.

Enjoy your Suite and your cruise? Which ship are you cruising on?

Jill:)

:confused: Hey Jilly! But that's after you get inside.....you have to queue outside though......or do you have some backdoor technique to get inside the terminal itself? :D

:confused: Hey Jilly! But that's after you get inside.....you have to queue outside though......or do you have some backdoor technique to get inside the terminal itself? :D

Not any more:):):)

Thanks Jill, answer is Voyager of the seas

Wonderful Dave. We're off on Voyager of the Seas in a couple of weeks for 42 nights from New Orleans to Singapore. I'm setting up a Blog so once it's up and running I'll put it up on here and if you would like to 'follow us' you can.

If there's any questions about the ship I'll be happy to answer them if I can.

Jilly:)

If you smile nicely at the guys on either of the 2 doors they'll let you in if you're Diamond, Diamond Plus, Pinnacle or in a Suite.

Wonderful Dave. We're off on Voyager of the Seas in a couple of weeks for 42 nights from New Orleans to Singapore. I'm setting up a Blog so once it's up and running I'll put it up on here and if you would like to 'follow us' you can.

If there's any questions about the ship I'll be happy to answer them if I can.

Thanks again, I'll keep an eye out. Have a great cruise

If you smile nicely at the guys on either of the 2 doors they'll let you in if you're Diamond, Diamond Plus, Pinnacle or in a Suite.

Although a smile is always nice, you no longer need to use your "feminine charm" just to get priority as with the "new" set up, Any guest with Gold status or above (or a suite), does not have to queue up outside and can go straight through to the elevator (or lifts) and onto to the priority check in lines upstairs

As I mentioned before we are also trialling staggered times (by deck number) for check in which should also help to alleviate the long queue outside which of course happens when EVERYBODY arrives at the same time.........but Hey ........ keep smiling... It makes everybody feel better

Although a smile is always nice, you no longer need to use your "feminine charm" just to get priority as with the "new" set up, Any guest with Gold status or above (or a suite), does not have to queue up outside and can go straight through to the elevator (or lifts) and onto to the priority check in lines upstairs

As I mentioned before we are also trialling staggered times (by deck number) for check in which should also help to alleviate the long queue outside which of course happens when EVERYBODY arrives at the same time.........but Hey ........ keep smiling... It makes everybody feel better

Sounds good, should make boarding smoother for everyone... :)

When you say Gold level...do you mean C & A? ....

Yes I do. Although as the suite SeaPass is gold in colour (well kinda) I guess you could take it either way, but it doesn't really matter you still get priority.

Yes I do. Although as the suite SeaPass is gold in colour (well kinda) I guess you could take it either way, but it doesn't really matter you still get priority.

is that gold priority for suites only but not if you are in a normal cabin

priority check in doesnt start until you are platinum in a normal cabin

is that gold priority for suites only but not if you are in a normal cabin

priority check in doesnt start until you are platinum in a normal cabin

No.. as of a month or so ago Gold level C&A get priority check in as well regardless of whether you are are in suite or normal cabin... in fact there is a seperate line for Gold ....don,t know the reason for it though.( I will try and find out this Thursday(Rhapsody...1st turnaround since the refurb) and let you know.

gbenjo, this is off topic, but do you know if Voyager pulls into the harbour or backs in. I am trying to determine if my cabin will face The Opera House. Thanks!

I believe Voyager will be "backing" into the OPT. ......so will you be facing the Opera House?

No.. as of a month or so ago Gold level C&A get priority check in as well regardless of whether you are are in suite or normal cabin... in fact there is a seperate line for Gold ....don,t know the reason for it though.( I will try and find out this Thursday(Rhapsody...1st turnaround since the refurb) and let you know.

if gold get priority as well that would be nearly all of the ship except first timers but they havent updated their website for the gold ones as yet

Archived