Parents Anniversary Cruise-Ideas

sadie1

You all have such great ideas (many that I already am using) but I need more cruise/memento suggestions!

This will be my parents 40th Wedding Anniversary-there are 25 going/11cabins, some 1st timers, others already addicts! I am tring to make this festive for everyone. For each cabin I am using 8x10 envelopes (w/cardboard in them for keeping cruise pic's), a list of who's who w/cabin # (bride's sister, grandsons, ect), deck floorplan of where everyone is, picked up lanyards @ WalMart for $.97 for each person, doing Anniversary magnets from the magnetic sheets(again WalMart-5 sheets under $8), and invitations for the renewal of vows(last day on ship) and am also putting in postIt notes. I plan on decorating the door w/ poster board for people to sign. I would like to have more ideas please-help from the crafty people!:)

The only other thing tht I can suggest and you may have already is sometimes they have really nice photo albums in the ship's gift shop. Make sure you take all sorts of pictures in regards to the renewal of vos, pictures of your group and then put them in the special album. What a great memento. You have pretty much thought of everything. Have a great cruise.

Marilyn

• 3 weeks later...

I send my parents on a cruise for their 50th, but you're taking the entire clan - kudos to you.

My only suggestion is to let both your TA and the ships staff know what you’re doing. They can add in some little extras. For example, when I told the flight attendants about my folks when they flew to FL for their cruise, they gave them a bottle of Champaign. So don't be shy. People love helping others celebrate, and 40 years of marriage with a loving family is something to be proud of.

So let me add my sincere congratulations.

Sadie,

To take the photo album a step further, do a scrapbook. They have become big and I have yet to get into this hobby. I want to change my Bermuda photo album into a scrapbook. People are starting to do these for a fee if you aren't into that, although with the large clan you have coming, someone is bound to do scrapbooking. My sister in law was thrilled recently when I told her I still had some ribbon from their wedding 8 yrs ago. She's putting it into her scrapbook. You can theme the book and it will be something worth keeping for years. 8-)

It was about 15 years ago when my grandparents wanted everyone in the family to go to celebrate thier blissfull 50th wedding anniversary. It was on the Holland American and everyone...i mean everyone had a blast....SOme things we did to make this night special was definetly have all of us sit at the same table at dinner....Boy you should have seen my Dad's face when everyone in our family was scheduled to sit at a different table when we walked in the Dinning room. WHew! So definetly double check with the perser, head waiter, M'trade ect....

We got a special gift of Blown glass (ordered and bought from the family before the cruise with the number 50 years in gold) in which the M'atrade presented at our special dinner that evening....We did purchase some pictures by the photographer but also took great ones ourselves.....We did however color coordinate before hand with our formal wear (i mean at least the girls did LOL!) to have the formal night pictures come out GREAT. Each generation (women that is) dressed in each color seperately (copper, silver and Gold sequinns). I know it may sound blah but the pictures really came out more than gorgious!

Per haps you can have a color theme of Silver for thier fortyith anniversary.

As far as our pictures for a phot albulm...this is where we really got them flappergasted! WE DID NOT give them any pictures while we were on the cruise...We let them bask in the fun memories with thier own...UNTILL CHRISTAMS THAT YEAR!!!! We all colaborated with our photos (3 generations of family members) putting together OUR favorite photos in a wonderful photo albulm of our favorite memories sharing our happiness of thier wonderful celebration. Another idea is to SIGN them up early for the NEwlywed contest...Oh MY Goodness...This is one of the highlights that My grandma would talk about today if she were alive...Yes she was put in the spotlight and asked how she would describe my grandpa out of three multible choice sports cars...LOL! They won the newlywed game and given a prize...what i'm not sure...With your family being married 40 years...I 'm sure that they will have no problem winning ...Even though you may want to answer one question one way...They seem to know what and how thier partner is going to answer...It's amazing! I definetly suggest the Happy Anniversary surprise banner, streamers, ballons and such to place in thier room for decorations to suprise them. You all have a blast!~ Enjoy every moment and cherish them!:D

• 2 weeks later...

We took my parents on a cruise for their 50th wedding anniversary. We arranged for the renewal of vows ceremony on board and it was wonderful. The captain conducted a beautiful ceremony and everyone cried, even dear old dad! It was special not only for my parents, but for their grandchildren to share in such a wonderful, loving moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your parents 40th! I have a few questions for my parents. I am taking them on a cruise for their anniversary (with my 3 year old daughter), but we are going in June and their official date is in September. It just worked out better for all to go early. How does that work on a cruise? The way I look at it, for the 60th you should celebrate all year!!!

Since it is only my daughter and me, we won't be doing the big celebration, but would love to hear ideas from the group on how I can make it special. We are already in a Concierge cabin, so get the champagne in the room. Can you share what the special lanyard you are doing is for? This is my families first cruise.

Cheers:)

For my cousin's 50th birthday her husband had all their friends and family secretly write special letters remembering special moments with my cousin. This idea also would work for an anniversary to incorporate into an album.

Also possibly use Fed Ex overnight envelopes to store the photos in, they would be less likely to get ripped.

My parents took our family cruising for their 35th anniversary. My parents are the cheesy sort - but they were paying so we agreed to all wear matching outfits to board (for the picture when you get on the ship) our last name is Wendt - so the logo on the shirt was "Wendt Cruisin' " We had their room decorated and a cake delivered on the special night. I also had them deliver 35 roses to their stateroom.

They enjoyed all those things, but mostly appreciated the scrapbook I made. I collected things from the cruise....saved excursion tickets, brochures, unique things from all the ports, group picture, etc. coupled with other great pics....they loved it!

Archived