San Diego, CA hotels

TwoTravelers

I'll be sailing on a cruise out of San Diego, CA in October. Is there a hotel/motel near the airport that furnishes a shuttle from the airport to the hotel/motel and then to the ship?

Also is there any existing circumstances in October to consider such as fog, etc., that would delay the ship docking when returning from the cruise which would prevent me from catching a plane from San Diego that same day?

Thank you.:)

I just returned from the Best Western Bayside Inn in San Diego who has both Airport and Pier transportation. I was in room 1109 and got to watch the Carnival Spirit and the HAL Oostrday dock that morning.........awsome!

Place is clean and comfortable, all rooms come with Microwave, Fridge, Coffe-maker and Ironing Board and Iron. The hotel is downtown at Ash and Columbia, near the Train Station.

I did their Stay, Cruise & Park package, where I got to park my car (in their covered garage) for free for 7 days and paid only $5.00 for the extra day. What a deal.

Hi,

I stayed at the Best Western Hacienda in Old Town In Dec, and loved it. They have airport transportation, and a pier shuttle. The hotel was very nice, clean, and safe. Another plus is Old Town is fun to explore, and it's in a safe area. I was out until after 1 am, and had no problem walking back to the hotel. Everything in Old Town is in walking distance. I hope this helps.

Bobbi-Jo

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I stayed at the Best Western Hacienda in Old Town In Dec, and loved it. They have airport transportation, and a pier shuttle. The hotel was very nice, clean, and safe. Another plus is Old Town is fun to explore, and it's in a safe area. I was out until after 1 am, and had no problem walking back to the hotel. Everything in Old Town is in walking distance. I hope this helps.

Bobbi-Jo

Hi! We will be in San Diego pre-cruise in January of '06. I have seen the web site for this hotel and it looks beautiful. The only thing is, their web site quotes rates at $200 per night. That's steep! Were you able to get any better rates than that? Is it as pretty as the web sites looks? Being so close to Old Town would be nice, I think. I've read they have some really good Mexican restaurants. Did you find this to be true?

Thanks for the help!

Barb

The Holiday Inn on the Bay is right across the street from the cruise terminal. They have courtesy pickup at the airport which is only a 1-1/2 miles away. They also have 3 restaurants and there are other restaurants in the area, i.e. Anthony's sea food which is right next to the cruise terminal.

I'll be sailing on a cruise out of San Diego, CA in October. Is there a hotel/motel near the airport that furnishes a shuttle from the airport to the hotel/motel and then to the ship?

Also is there any existing circumstances in October to consider such as fog, etc., that would delay the ship docking when returning from the cruise which would prevent me from catching a plane from San Diego that same day?

Thank you.:)

Another choice could be the Super 8 Bayview - they have a shuttle and are fairly close to the pier - you can see the ships from the balcony. They are reasonably priced - nothing fancy - but they do have rooms with microwaves and refrigerators. When we stayed in January they were in the process of remodeling. If it is done, it will make a huge difference in the place. The front desk staff are very helpful. If you don't plan to spend much time in your room, this is a good place to stay. It is in the Little Italy section - lots of great Italian restaurants within walking distance.

We also know the BestWestern Bayside - it is nice, too - a little more upscale from the Super 8.

Archived