Halifax/St. John with Kids

What ship are you on and when are you sailing- there's a couple traveling on 6/26 sailing of Maasdam with their grandson who is around your daughter's age- they are talking about doing duck boat tours, whaling trips in port. Google the sities- there is a lot of information available. And if you are sailing Maasdam on the 26, we've organized a "cruise critic" gathering at 5:30 Sat night in the Explorer's Lounge. Enjoy your trip. Sandy

I think kids would like the "Duck" in Halifax because it's such a cool vehicle. Also if you go into the Maritime Museum the ticket includes the opportunity for them to explore two vessels tied up nearby (can't recall names). Also if Bluenose II is in port, the harbor cruise which goes down to where a lot of naval vessels are docked - in fact most of the harbor cruises head down there. Also the fortress on hill overlooking the harbor. Boys especially (or at least mine) love old forts

Host Caroline
<font SIZE="1">[B]Join me on the beautiful Diamond Princess in July 2005 for Cruise Critic's Awesome Alaskan Adventure --You'll have a whale of a good time![/B] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas
Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle
One can [I]never[/I] have too many days at sea..</font>

For Saint John, I'd recommend either the Reversing Falls Rapids jet boat or, if it's offered, Cherry Brook Zoo. Also, just walking through the Market is great. There are a lot of wonderful crafts the girls might enjoy.

Lisa63
Looking forward to Maasdam Canada/New England 2004

Archived