CC homepage has a nice artical on HC cursing:)

Ziggy7

Okay I hope this is a typo. sure I lose my temper sometimes when I'm denied access but surely they didn't write a whole article about how handicapped people curse!!!!!!!
Well it helped someone like me who doesnt have the knowledge :)

Ziggy -- white rose was making a joke -- about the spelling-- cursing (swearing) as opposed to cruising.

It's an old article -- not very well done. Really glazes over important issues (most survey articles do). It's a very complex subject.

Candy

My Wife and I have been on 14 Cruises this past three years, my Wife is Handicapped and totally wheelchair confined. Carnival has always bent over backwards to make our Cruise as enjoyable as can be. They have excellent Handicapped Cabins, especially on the newer ships and virtually eveywhere on the ship is accessable. Once in a while maybe not the Disco, but that's OK it is hard to dance in a wheelchair and there is always live music plenty of other places. Carnival Crewmembers and Staff are always curteous and greet you with a smile right up to the Captain's. And now I find out because I'm a Veteran they will be giving us sizable Military Discounts also. I couldn't resist Iv'e booked 2 Carnival Cruises on the Miracle 9/4 & 10/16. We don't even care where the ship goes we go for the Cruise and to Relax we stay onboard in most ports anymore,been there done that, won't miss another Diamonds International. I guess I'm starting to sound like a Carnival Commercial , but they've been very good to us, I would highly recommend Carnival to anyone who asks.:rolleyes:

to know that Carnival ranks high with you. We live in Dallas and want to drive to port (Galveston) and Carnival is the best option there. We did HAL many years ago and it was okay for disabled cruising.

Were there any ports-cruises that rank high as being especially accomodating or enjoyable to someone in a wheelchair (same as you, my wife is in the wheelchair)

Archived