Pre and Post Cruise Seattle

gtmerc

I have never stayed at the Red Lion on 5th Avenue, but I know that a lot of the flight crews do daily, I see them leaving for the airport every week morning. This hotel is located in the center of downtown Seattle. 4 blocks to the Pike Place Market, within a 4 block radius of the major shopping stores. Lots of places to eat that are various price levels. This hotel is in a great location.

When will you be staying in Seattle? I was able win a bid for $112 on the 4* Alexis Hotel through Priceline for our July 30 pre-cruise stay. We decided to stay one night post-cruise, so I bid on another 4* hotel and won a bid for the Westin Seattle for $107 in August. Both are right downtown and close to Pike Place. I'm happy! :)

Has anyone stayed at the Red Lion 5th Ave. in Seattle. Rooms are 159.95 but said to be good location.

I thought it would be interesting to see two areas of downtown. I'm glad I got a good deal! :-)

Sailaway -- you got a great deal at the Alexis! Top notch hotel.

Westin is great rate as well, close to Pacific Place and monorail to the Seattle Center, though it is on the other side of downtown from the Alexis.

I searched for hotels on line and then called them direct. I found the Sixth Avenue Inn, Operated by Starwood Group and was pleasantly surprised! I only paid $79 per night!

It wasn't top of the line, but it was clean and convenient. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go! Sixth Avenue Inn is smack-dab in the middle of downtown,walking distance to the Space Needle.

We were in Seattle for 2 days and had a great time. We asked the front desk clerk where to get a good sandwich, and she sent us to the Bell Tap ( or something like that) and let me tell you, it was out of this world! Cool, funky little neighborhood pub with incredible food and the weird-ness of Seattle!

If you are in Seattle for any period of time, don't miss Pike's Market. It's an all day experience, but really cool!

Have a great trip!

We stayed at the Red Lion last year pre-cruise. We loved the hotel and the location. It was very easy to walk to everything--only a few blocks away to the monorail, Pikes Market, shopping, etc. The hotel was very clean, great room and we got a cheap price on Hotwire. We would stay there again!

Margie

How did you get to Red Lion from airport? There will be four of us so couldn't fit in taxi. They did take you to pier on sail date didn't they?

Thanks for info

If I remember right, we took a shuttle to the hotel. We went outside of baggage pickup and there was a ticket booth to purchase tickets for the shuttle that deivered people to the different hotels in the downtown area. We bought two tickets and hopped on the bus. I can't remember how much it was, but it was more reasonable than the two of us taking a cab. However, with four of you, you might want to see if there is a van that can hold four people and your luggage. It might be more reasonable for four people to take the van than taking the shuttle.

No, the Red Lion did not take us to the pier. I do not believe that they offered any kind of transportation at the Red Lion (from the airport or the pier). We just took a cab to the pier. Again, I can't remember how much it was, but I think it was less than $20 to take us to the Princess pier.

• 2 weeks later...
When will you be staying in Seattle? I was able win a bid for $112 on the 4* Alexis Hotel through Priceline for our July 30 pre-cruise stay. We decided to stay one night post-cruise, so I bid on another 4* hotel and won a bid for the Westin Seattle for $107 in August. Both are right downtown and close to Pike Place. I'm happy! :)

Hi Sailaway, We've been working on our pre-cruise hotel and found this posting from you. WOW! What a great price. Fill me in on how you got the Alexis for $112.00. Did you specify that hotel or just request a four star and got lucky? Please let me know. I bumped up our roll call too. Hopefully, we will get some response soon.

Archived