Costa Favolosa - questions

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Costa Cruises
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:10 AM.
#1
São Paulo, Brazil
206 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Dear all,

As a frequent MSC passenger, I have some questions regarding the Costa Favolosa... it's not the first time I sail a Costa ship but it is the first time I have to choose the restaurant and the first time I'm booked in a Suite, so I have some questions for you guys:

1) Which Restaurant (Duca d'Orleans or Duca di Borgogna) and which deck (3 or 4) should I pick and why?

2) Do you know what kind of benefits do we get for booking a Suite? I've been searching it on the website but it's quite confusing!

Thank you a lot for your precious help!

Happy Sailings!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MSC Lover - Brazil












[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/color][/size] [/i]
#2
394 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
beyond the extra space, suite benefits are very, very few. a bottle of prosecco and in-suite dining (from the regular dining room menu) are the biggest. room sevice is brought by a 'butler'. daily fruit bowl. there are nicer bath products. a pilow menu. no priority tendering. priority disembarkment is a joke.
#3
São Paulo, Brazil
206 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by AnonymousCruiser69
beyond the extra space, suite benefits are very, very few. a bottle of prosecco and in-suite dining (from the regular dining room menu) are the biggest. room sevice is brought by a 'butler'. daily fruit bowl. there are nicer bath products. a pilow menu. no priority tendering. priority disembarkment is a joke.
Thank you, AnonymousCruiser69!

Read something about a free dinner at the specialty restaurant (Favolosa Club)... do you know anything about it?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MSC Lover - Brazil












[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/color][/size] [/i]
#4
394 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
Originally posted by msclover
Thank you, AnonymousCruiser69!

Read something about a free dinner at the specialty restaurant (Favolosa Club)... do you know anything about it?
yeah. that is included. i took advantage of it. it was nice enough. i wouldn't pay for it, but the specialty restaurant was a nice experience. top-notch service. reservation was difficult, so book ahead.
#5
Currently at Cruise Critic
2,352 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by msclover
Dear all,

As a frequent MSC passenger, I have some questions regarding the Costa Favolosa... it's not the first time I sail a Costa ship but it is the first time I have to choose the restaurant and the first time I'm booked in a Suite, so I have some questions for you guys:

1) Which Restaurant (Duca d'Orleans or Duca di Borgogna) and which deck (3 or 4) should I pick and why?

2) Do you know what kind of benefits do we get for booking a Suite? I've been searching it on the website but it's quite confusing!

Thank you a lot for your precious help!

Happy Sailings!
If you are in Samsara Suite (crazily expensive) - you get benefits of Samsara package which is excellent.
If you book a regular suite - you just waste your money.
Regular balcony cabins on this ship are spacious enough and have good locations, so there is no need to waste money on a suite.
How much money you lose depends on the price difference between a suit and a regular balcony cabin.
A dinner in a specialty restaurant is not worth a difference.
If you are ready to spend money on this ship book a regular cabin.
Spend the difference on Samsara Spa package that includes a separate dining room (7 days or less).

Duca di Borgogna is located midships. Never deck 4 - no sea views.
Duca d'Orleans is located on the stern. Great views. There is a noticeable vibration in the very aft part.

The aft view of Duca d'Orleans on Costa Favolosa:

#6
394 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
Originally posted by cruisetrail
If you are in Samsara Suite (crazily expensive) - you get benefits of Samsara package which is excellent.
If you book a regular suite - you just waste your money.
Regular balcony cabins on this ship are spacious enough and have good locations, so there is no need to waste money on a suite.
How much money you lose depends on the price difference between a suit and a regular balcony cabin.
A dinner in a specialty restaurant is not worth a difference.
If you are ready to spend money on this ship book a regular cabin.
Spend the difference on Samsara Spa package that includes a separate dining room (7 days or less).

Duca di Borgogna is located midships. Never deck 4 - no sea views.
Duca d'Orleans is located on the stern. Great views. There is a noticeable vibration in the very aft part.

The aft view of Duca d'Orleans on Costa Favolosa:

for me, being able to order off the dining room menu for lunch and dinner in-suite dining (as well as a special breakfast menu) was well worth the money - along with the extra space, of course.
#7
São Paulo, Brazil
206 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by cruisetrail
If you are in Samsara Suite (crazily expensive) - you get benefits of Samsara package which is excellent.
If you book a regular suite - you just waste your money.
Regular balcony cabins on this ship are spacious enough and have good locations, so there is no need to waste money on a suite.
How much money you lose depends on the price difference between a suit and a regular balcony cabin.
A dinner in a specialty restaurant is not worth a difference.
If you are ready to spend money on this ship book a regular cabin.
Spend the difference on Samsara Spa package that includes a separate dining room (7 days or less).

Duca di Borgogna is located midships. Never deck 4 - no sea views.
Duca d'Orleans is located on the stern. Great views. There is a noticeable vibration in the very aft part.

The aft view of Duca d'Orleans on Costa Favolosa:

well, we actually had no choice, since the only category available was the Suite (it's the Christmas Cruise)! Thank you anyways for your help, I'm booked on Duca d'Orleans, just hope to get a great view!

happy sailings!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MSC Lover - Brazil












[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/color][/size] [/i]
#8
São Paulo, Brazil
206 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
They are finally here!

I would like to share these wondeful pictures my frirend took from the Costa Fascinosa and Costa Favolosa in Brazil!

Enjoy!

Costa Fascinosa - first call in Rio de Janeiro - 12/12/2012


Costa Favolosa leaving Rio de Janeiro - 12/16/2012

Pictures from Daniel R. Carneiro - www.cruising.com.br
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MSC Lover - Brazil












[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/color][/size] [/i]
#9
Germany
857 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Thank you!

We are booked on the Favolosa starting from Rio de Janeiro to Savona in March 2014!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


NCL Star 03/2018 Mexican Riveria
#10
Northern England
125 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
We were aboard the Costa Favolosa in April, Dubai to Venice.

She is my favourite Costa ship so far.

If we have half the good time we had aboard the Favolosa, our trip aboard the Atlantica in April 2013 will be Wonderful.

Merry Christmas to one and all
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#11
São Paulo, Brazil
206 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Costa Favolosa is simply amazing! Just came back from the Christmas cruise...we loved the ship, the cruise director was hilarious... the food was ok, our cabin was very nice (7329), but definitely not worth the price... loved it so much that we booked on board another cruise in February but this time we booked a GTY and got a Samsara !

preparing a cruise review
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MSC Lover - Brazil












[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/color][/size] [/i]
#13
Edinburgh UK
8,123 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
I had a Samsara cabin on my cruise on the Favolosa and it was so great to have unlimited use with private access to such an amazing spa. Quite the nicest one I've ever experienced on a ship and better than quite a few on land.

The Samsara restaurants were fabulous too.

I'm sure you'll find the extra for the samsara cabin worth it, unlike the suite.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


MSC Orchestra - Eastern Med - Jun 16
MSC Orchestra - Barbados to Genoa - Apr 16
Costa Serena -Arabian Gulf - Mar 15
MSC Armonia - Las palmas to Venice - Mar 14
Costa Fortuna - Arabian Gulf - Jan 14
MSC Musica - Eastern Med & Black Sea - Oct 13
MSC Orchestra - Western Med - Aug 13
MSC Sinfonia - Western Med - May 13
Costa Atlantica - Arabian Gulf - Mar 13
MSC Musica - Greek Isles - Sept 12
MSC Opera - Buenos Aires to Southampton Apr 12
Costa Favolosa - Arabian Gulf - Jan 12
MSC Orchestra - Western Med - Oct 11
Costa Romantica - Indian Ocean - Jan 11
MSC Musica - Venice to Rio - Nov 10
MSC Melody - Med & Black Sea - Jul 10
MSC Sinfonia - Livorno to Durban - Oct-Nov 09
MSC Fantasia - Western Med - Apr 09
MSC Lirica - Dover to Genoa - Sept 08
MSC Lirica - Transatlantic (Fort Lauderdale - Dover) - Mar-Apr 08
MSC Opera - Eastern Med - Sep 07
MSC Opera - - Jul 07
MSC Opera - Eastern & Southern Caribbean - Jan 07
MSC Opera - Western Med - May 06
MSC Opera - Transatlantic (Genoa - Fort Lauderdale) Dec 05-Jan 06
MSC Opera - Eastern Med - Jun 05