Ensenada to San Diego on Celebrity

Considering a coastal cruise that ends in Ensenada. Have read some horror stories of the transfer which give me pause. Anyone have recent experience? The cruise sounds wonderful and would hate to pass it up due to some minor inconvenience. Would also like to know what the cruise line charges for the transfers?

Celebrity should be able to tell you the transfer price. I would not consider any other way to get from Ensenada to San Diego. There are some personal safety issues (though not as bad as 5 years ago), and some definite logistics/ legal issues.

From what I've heard, your luggage will be unloaded at the border. You hand-carry it to clear US Immigration and US Customs. Then it's reloaded onto the bus on the US side to complete the trip.

As FYI the wait at the border can fluctuate from just a few minutes to several hours, the average being maybe 45-60 minutes.

Hope this helps...some Baja or San Diego locals may have other options to suggest. I normally avoid cruiseline transfers but this is a situation where I wouldn't really entertain other options.

Easiest to do the cruiseline transfer. It will be the least stressful of your options. Ensenada is a good 75 miles south of the border.

Book a slightly later flight out of San Diego because the border is always a crapshoot.

Archived