Share tours in Livorno and Rome

missyg176

We are looking to share a tour with a couple people on June 26th to the Tuscan towns (Pisa, Sienna, San G.) I have researved a tour with the company hills and roads.

We are also looking to book a short tour in Rome on August 28th. This tour will see almost everything except the Vatican.

Let me know if this interests anyone!!

Thanks,

Missy

• 2 weeks later...

We have requested information about a 3-4 hour tour from Daniele of Driver in Rome to the Colesseum, Forum, Pantheon, Capitoline, etc. and hope to hear from him soon. Is this something that would interest you? If not, what are you thinking about?

Afterwards we plan to have lunch (if anything is open on a Sunday, then wander around the Sunday street fair near the Colleseum and/or the Piazza Navrona before returning to the Airport Hilton from the Termini train station. (We have a flight out the next morning around 10 AM)

There are 4 of us. We understand that Daniele can arrange for a minibus for 8 people. From posts here and on other sites, it looks like he is highly recommended and flexible.

Hi Four Pines,

We actually have confirmed with Claudio Caponera of limoinrome.com for a tour that day (Aug 28th) of Rome. He also has received good reviews on here. He is picking us up at the port, providing a transfer and giving us a 4 hour tour of all the same sites you mentioned (tour #2 on his website). I'm sure that he can take 6 people also. He had quoted us 270 Euro for everything.

Are you on the Windsurf trip Nice to Rome on August 21?

Interesting that you booked Claudio because we had also contacted him and he was already spoken for. The problem is that we need to go from the dock in Civitavecchio to the Airport Hilton before beginning the tour where we will be staying before flying out of Italy at about 10 on Monday morning. I don't know if this would be a problem for you because it would delay the beginning your tour in Rome.

Here is his reply to our inquiry:

"i apologize I cannot assist you personally.On the dates I confirmed my personal availability for other services. If you want, I can arrange your excursion / city tour with my associated drivers-guide, speaking fluent english and self learned historians. I secure you the same service, same rate and same program as scheduled on display.

About transfer from Civitavecchia & sightseeing:

Your driver-guide will pick you up at the ship for transfer to Hilton Airport Hotel; This service costs EURO 140 ( the 4 of you);

After check in at the Hotel you continue by drive straight to Piazza Venezia, the main square of the City. Start by exploring the Rome of the Emperors. Stops will be made at the Roman Forum, the Coliseum and the Mouth of Truth.

Then take a panoramic drive past the Circus Maximus, the Palatine Hill the Baths of Caracalla and along the Ancient Appian Way.

Back in the heart of Rome, stop for a visit inside the Pantheon, the best conserved monument of Ancient Rome as well as the nearby Santa Maria Sopra

Minerva housing Michelangelo's "Risen Christ" .

Continue through Baroque and Renaissance Rome: from piazza Navona to Campo de Fiori and Piazza Farnese.

The service ends with transfer to wherever you prefere down town.

The service lasts 4 hours + transfer from airport to down town Rome and costs: EURO 230 ( the 4 of you);"

So, why don't you think about this further and let me know if there is any way to work things out? (For example, does the price he quoted you include a transfer to your hotel from the dock?)

Yes, we are going on the August 21st cruise and are really looking forward to the trip.

If you prefer to discuss this via email, post your email address and I will get back to you privately. (Mine is university connected, so I am reluctant to post it on a forum.)

I am really looking forward to meeting you.

Missy,

Craig and I may be interested in the tuscan tour. Can you let me know more details? I think we are going to split up from my parents one day in Livorno as they have seen a lot of Tuscany already. I'm also debating Florence one day. The other day we are all going to Lucca. I haven't worked out the details of that yet (train, driver, etc.) but you are welcome to join us.

I'm so excited for the trip. Got the hotels booked, now doing the transfers and the tours.

Talk to you soon.

Sheila

Hi Sheila,

The tour is booked for the second day in Livorno... not sure which day you are going to Lucca. We plan to spend the first day wandering around Florence then I booked the tour with Hillsandroads.com to go to Pisa, Siena, and San G on the second day in Livorno. You may be going to some of those places when you go to Lucca. Anyway, we would love if you would join us... always fun with a group.

Do you know by any chance what time we have to back to the boat when we stay overnight at Livorno... I was hoping to eat dinner in Florence that night.

I am pretty sure we are staying at the Park hotel in Nice. Where did you guys book?

What other transfers are you booking ahead of time?

We are getting very excited also!

Talk to you soon,

Missy

Hi again,

I'll let you know about the tour when we start to make decisions. Probably not as I think it is the first day that we are going to split up. But that could change. I don't know what time we need to be back to the ship.

We are staying at Hotel Gounod in Nice. I haven't done anything with transfer or tours yet, but we might transfer to the airport with Fourpines. I really need to get working on this.

Sheila

Archived