Seattle Airport Area (Renton) Hilton Garden Inn

MandyGirl

My family enjoyed a pre-cruise stay at the Hilton Garden Inn (Renton) and I definitely needed to share our two-thumbs-up experience. :)

We acquired this 3-star room on Hotwire for $35 per room (plus taxes/fees which came to $45 per room). We had eight people using four rooms. Even paying regular rates, we would highly recommend this hotel. The hotel was very well kept, comfortable rooms, good business center (two computers with free high-speed internet to check last-minute cruise weather, along with a printer), cookies at front desk at night, fresh fruit at front desk in morning, and also had an indoor pool and hot tub with good jets. Location was about a 10-minute drive from SEATAC just off of 405. Following the hotel’s directions from the Hilton website, you feel like nothing is around. However, ask for directions to the nearby WalMart (just north of 405) and you find lots of restaurants nearby without using freeways. The Hilton Garden Inn provided a free shuttle to and from the airport. Front desk staff was very helpful and definitely accommodated our request of king-size beds, nonsmoking, grouped close together.

Something that really impressed us was when hubby's parents arrived, the shuttle driver was on break. When phoning the hotel from the airport, they were told to take a cab and would be reimbursed upon arrival to the hotel. The cab cost $18 plus tip, and the front desk immediately reimbursed them. Considering the Hotwire rate of $35 and the hotel paying $18 for a cab, this was quite remarkable.

There is a small restaurant by the lobby, but no free continental breakfast. Because we were taking Amtrak to Vancouver early the following morning, we opted for breakfast on the train (very good).

Off-topic...

For post-cruise, we stayed at another Hilton property near the Seattle airport... Embassy Suites. Only five of us were staying post-cruise. Wonderful breakfast (like always) but I would say that the Hilton Garden Inn (Renton) was newer and seemed nicer in my opinion. Post-cruise was using HHonors points and we had five us staying at Embassy Suites for two nights, so the separate room and couch-bed in living room is what made the decision for us to stay there (since all five could stay in one suite).

Archived