niko40

DYNAMIC DINING YES OR NO  

216 members have voted

1. 1. DYNAMIC DINING YES OR NO

• Yes Love the Idiea
    • No Hate It
    • Will Give It a goe
    • Cancelled Cruise

Being that I have about 100 days on Explorer that comes out of Bayonne the cruising from nov to mar has a very elderly passenger roster and Adam today said they would help people who did not book early when they board but if these passengers do not get help or have to make a ton of decisions it will be stressful for them and the crew

I like the idea, and as it is not across the fleet I still think that Royal offers a varied selection to suit all tastes. Sure some will be dissappointed about the restricted ability to meet new people on their MDR dining table. But the ship is bigger than a table, just say Hello anywhere, most people do not bite.

I like the idea, and as it is not across the fleet I still think that Royal offers a varied selection to suit all tastes. Sure some will be dissappointed about the restricted ability to meet new people on their MDR dining table. But the ship is bigger than a table, just say Hello anywhere, most people do not bite.

I actually think that can go either way. We enjoyed open seating last year in Celebrity's Blu for the first time, and actually found that we met more people at dinner -- chatting with people at adjacent tables -- than we ever have in a traditional dining setting. Lots of others felt the same way and the dining room was actually very social.

I could see the Quantum dining concept shaking out in much the same way, especially if the tables are close together.

Guest maddycat

We're looking forward to it. It's an interesting concept. So many choices. We absolutely love the idea of no ship wide formal night.

We're looking forward to it. It's an interesting concept. So many choices. We absolutely love the idea of no ship wide formal night.

Yes, but NCL though of it two decades ago and called it 'Freestyle'.;)

I wonder if those that are excited about 'Dynamic Dining' have tried NCL? The system has both it's advantages and disadvantages.

Guest maddycat

I wonder if those that are excited about 'Dynamic Dining' have tried NCL? The system has both it's advantages and disadvantages.

We're counting on RCI doing a better job with the dynamic dining than NCL does with freestyle dining.

Personally, we *are* fans of the formal night and will miss that ship wide evening. But let's not bring that dead horse out again! Instead I'm looking at these newer, big ships like a floating city - where you can go to a fancy restaurant, all dressed up, or to Taco Bell in your t-shirt.

As for RCL's version of My Time dining - by coincidence we've got our first cruise booked on NCL, followed by a quickie on Quantum so we'll be able to do a good comparison I hope. My concern is chaos - particularly by passengers that don't understand the concept (my mother, 84, has sailed often on RCL and is on her first NCL cruise *right now* - took me a few times to explain it to her). Other concern is that I really like it when the waiter remembers your favourite drink, or that you like tea, not coffe, after dinner. Can't see how that would work with the new system.

I think if they have a couple of ships that offer this option it could be a brilliant move - great way to lure folks from NCL. Just DON'T change the whole fleet to My Time Mark 2, please!!! :(

iam just trying to figure out why the whole comparison to NCL is all about? really people it,s something new either go with it, try it or cancel. iam sure the're are going to be bugs in the new system but until i try something i can not condemn a whole ship just because they have opted to try something new

iam just trying to figure out why the whole comparison to NCL is all about?

I'm comparing a lot these days. Priorly I have been only interested in RCCL. I talked with people from other ships I met and what I heard was mainly towards that for me RCCL is the right choice (it is much about personal taste and preferance) .

Now that I have been on quite a few RCCL ship types, including Oasis+Allure ... I did not get wowed yet by Quantum. Maybe this will happen still somewhen.

I do hope that Oasis 3 (or 4?) might bring some new innovations that they have on Quantum... to combine the ships size with RCCLs nice, recent innovations.

So, I'm actively comparing RCCL with other cruise lines and ships. Given the prices of Quantum, I will first try some other ships of other cruise lines till the prices come down. I do like that RCCL now also cruises more and more to new, non-Carib. destinations.

Maybe I will find out that RCCL is and was the very best for my personal taste.

Bottom line: 1 year ago I could not image trying anything else. Now I'm booked on Aida in Jan/2015 with more to come in 2015 ...

Edited by ChristianDecker

So 19% hate the idea but not that much as to cancel the cruise so what does that really say:eek:

I am one who hates the idea. We haven't canceled our cruise yet, but are seriously considering switching to a ship that has traditional dining. The only reason we *might* give it a try is that we are booked on the 3 day sampler for which we got an outstanding price (booked it on release day while onboard another RCI ship). So, it's only 2 dinners, not a full length cruise, and we can at least have this experience of being on a brand new ship.

In fact, if I didn't have 3 Next Cruise Certificates, we would probably move over to Princess and Celebrity exclusively. I feel that RCI has lost its appeal to us. We like sailing from NY/NJ, and there are many other options on other lines besides Quantum.

Edited by DonnaK

Being that I have about 100 days on Explorer that comes out of Bayonne the cruising from nov to mar has a very elderly passenger roster and Adam today said they would help people who did not book early when they board but if these passengers do not get help or have to make a ton of decisions it will be stressful for them and the crew

I can understand that point. I remember Allure's innaugural season, lots of complaints about show and dining reservations at first.