Norwegian Fjords in August - weather?

I am already trying to plan for packing and am wondering what I will encounter in early August. I know to bring layers, but long sleeved T's and a jacket or sweaters and a parka? Thanks for any advice.

As unpredictable as the weather can be August should be.... pleasant......

You will not need a parka. Pack for dressing in layers. Bring a light windbreaker and some good walking shoes (trainers).

Bring some tshirts and long sleeves. It can be cool during the evening so bring a jacket.

Bring clothes in cotton/wool/fleece/cashmere and think layers for max comfort.

Edited by I-Cruiser

Bring a raincoat and waterproof shoes! Weather is always changing in Norway. I remember a fjord cruise in august : in Trondheim we had a mediterranean weather and ate outside on fishmarket, dressed in shorts and t shirts, and the next day in Geiranger fjord it was raining cats and dogs and the temperature was so cold that we needed a quilted jacket! I always pack a light raincoat, waterproof and non slippery shoes, a fleece or quilted jacket and some t shirts (long and short sleeves in case.....). The only thing to remember is that you'll never know how the weather will be.... Not very easy for packing, but the country is so beautiful!

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Forums

I am already trying to plan for packing and am wondering what I will encounter in early August. I know to bring layers, but long sleeved T's and a jacket or sweaters and a parka? Thanks for any advice.

Hi

We were there last August. I packed a light raincoat but never had to use. I normally feel the cold but I recall it was rather warm I even wore short sleeve. That said, when I dated a Norwegian each time I was in Norway it rained, I think some 200 days a year so the chance of getting wet is quite high. But beautiful place, lucky you. Have a great time.