New Orleans-Mariott/Convention Center info please!

cpristash

I remember the Hilton is closest to the Pier and Convention Center.

If the Marriot is right on Canal Street--it's about 3 blocks from Convention Center and another long city block to the Pier. (May walk through the Shopping Area near the Pier.)

Just to be safe--double check with MapQuest--in case of my mistake regarding the Marriot that you mentioned.

If you have lots of luggage--cab ride is still very cheap!

Canal Street is across from French Quartes.

Have Fun!

Andy C.

this is a new hotel that just opened this week, I think July 11 so yesterday?

That may explain why the info on the website is not up to speed. It is closer than the Hilton. The only other Hotel hotel closest to the pier is Hampton Inn Convention Center, Hilton Garden Inn on S. Peters. The convenience of the Hilton is the indoor walkway that goes thru the riverwalk shopping ctr. But you still have to schlep your bags thru the mall. I would just take the quick and cheap taxi ride in this heat if you are cruising anytime soon because it is HOT and HUMID here in the Big Easy and won't be letting up anytime soon.

Try the Hampton Inn on Convention Ctr. Blvd or Hilton Garden Inn Conv. Ctr. if you are looking for a great rate call the new Marriott on Conv. Ctr Blvd. directly and try to make a reservation. They just opened and you should be able to bet something. Also try the Renaissance Arts.

Sleep Inn and Ramada are not in best location although for one night would be ok.

Archived