Theatre Under the Stars - Help!! :(

I'm hoping Grouchy or someone resident in Vancouver can chip in. I would very much like to attend both TUTS shows this year. It's gonna be my first time in Vancouver so I wanted to book everything in advance before leaving home. However, the booking website states that there is a "festival seating" and a "reserved seating" and for the life of me I don't know what the difference is. Any clarification will be most appreciated! :)

Take a blanket and bug spray when you go. Sometimes they have a picnic before or a wine tasting with the price of the ticket.

Thanks grouchy - will pack the mat we use here for our local Ballet Under the Stars over. :D

I haven't bought the tickets yet - do you think I should actually buy them when I am already in Vancouver (i.e. on the day when I'm planning to go for the show) or should I book them in advance?

Oh, and on a related note, is it possible to WALK from Best Western Uptown (at Kingsway) to downtown Vancouver? If not, apart from cabbing there, what transport alternatives are there? I'm not planning on doing the trolley at the moment. Also, how far is the walk from Alberni St (where Le Gavroche is) to Stanley Park? Reason is, I'm planning on going for an early dinner at Le Gavroche before heading over for TUTS. Is this advisable or even possible?

Hope to hear from you, red knight or any other expert soon! Thanks! :)

should buy before. You can walk from La Gavroche to TUTS-it will still be light enough. But going back-call a cab. There is a bus-not sure how often it runs-but you will have to transfer to get back to your hotel.The area you are staying is not that great-so cab it or bus it downtown.

should buy before. You can walk from La Gavroche to TUTS-it will still be light enough. But going back-call a cab. There is a bus-not sure how often it runs-but you will have to transfer to get back to your hotel.The area you are staying is not that great-so cab it or bus it downtown.

Thanks very much! First two nights will be spent at Carmana Plaza which is at Alberni so I may actually do TUTS on the first 2 nights and leave other attractions to the next 2 so that I won't actually have to do that much travelling. I'm still rueing the fact that Priceline pulled up Best Western Uptown as a "downtown" hotel!

Archived