Kudos to Carnival's Special Services

DEL67

We booked an August sailing on the Elation a few weeks ago. Carnival immediately asked my TA to have us fill out a special needs form, something I appreciate since it validates that we have a special need. Since then I have had two, very positive contacts with their Special Needs Dept.

The first one I initiated. Since I know that the Elation does not have built-in shower seats, I called to request one. During our conversation the Special Needs rep cautioned me that the bathroom was too small for my husband to turn his chair. When I responded that I knew, but we decided to go on the Elation anyway and would deal with it, she said that they have some cabins with bigger bathrooms (a change since we were on the Elation in 2000). She checked and finding out that one was available, she not only switched our cabin, but also arranged for a VERY low price upgrade since we were going from an inside cabin to an outside one.

The second one Carnival initiated. A different rep was going through our special needs form and had some questions about what type of oxygen my husband is bringing. After I answered the questions, he cautioned me to carry the concentrator aboard and told me that I would need an extension cord and possibly a power strip. I knew these things already, but greatly appreciated that he took the time to make sure that I would have everything I needed.

We booked an August sailing on the Elation a few weeks ago. Carnival immediately asked my TA to have us fill out a special needs form, something I appreciate since it validates that we have a special need. Since then I have had two, very positive contacts with their Special Needs Dept.

The first one I initiated. Since I know that the Elation does not have built-in shower seats, I called to request one. During our conversation the Special Needs rep cautioned me that the bathroom was too small for my husband to turn his chair. When I responded that I knew, but we decided to go on the Elation anyway and would deal with it, she said that they have some cabins with bigger bathrooms (a change since we were on the Elation in 2000). She checked and finding out that one was available, she not only switched our cabin, but also arranged for a VERY low price upgrade since we were going from an inside cabin to an outside one.

The second one Carnival initiated. A different rep was going through our special needs form and had some questions about what type of oxygen my husband is bringing. After I answered the questions, he cautioned me to carry the concentrator aboard and told me that I would need an extension cord and possibly a power strip. I knew these things already, but greatly appreciated that he took the time to make sure that I would have everything I needed.

Thanks for sharing! It's nice to know that some cruise lines are doing the right thing in requiring documentation for their HC cabins.

And wonderful to know that the Special Needs rep was so informative and helpful and ... wow, gave you a good-priced upgrade!

Yay for Carnival!

Archived