Marriott North FLL

direfun2000

For one night it will be fine. It has a pool and an in-house resataurant. I always considered this a Marriott for the business traveler, not the vacation traveler. Its 8-9 miles from the airport and Port Everglades. If you have a car it's not a bad location to be based out of, otherwise a taxi will be needed to get to the beach, Las Olas, downtown etc. ;)

I didn't realize you were coming during the boat show. You did good. Generally, all of the hotels are booked way in advance for that week. It's a Marriott, your pretty much guaranteed to have a decent stay. ;)

I have stayed at this Marriott several times. There is a nice shopping center at the corner of Cypress Creek and Andrews. Not sure about which stores are there, or if there is a grocery store, but there is a big multiplex and lots of restaurants including Hooters, Champps (very very good), Sweet Tomatoes, and I think, an Outback. It's probably a quarter mile walk or so, but I'll bet the hotel shuttle will take you. Hotel itself is just fine.

Archived