Location of outdoor smoking venue?

SoCalGal005

Just booked a Baltic cruise and before I choose my stateroom, I would like to find out where the outdoor smoking location is on the new ships. Has anyone heard any information about this? Also, I am looking for a name and number from anyone for a referral credit. Thanks!

Edited by SoCalGal005
Sp

• 3 weeks later...

Found this on the relaunched Viking Oceans website under FAQ:

Is the ship nonsmoking?

All Viking ship interiors, staterooms and balconies are nonsmoking except for the designated outdoor smoking area on the starboard side of Deck 8. Smoking restrictions also apply to e-cigarettes.

Those on the weather deck will be sharing the space with smokers.

Edited by algaes

Found this on the relaunched Viking Oceans website under FAQ:

Is the ship nonsmoking?

All Viking ship interiors, staterooms and balconies are nonsmoking except for the designated outdoor smoking area on the starboard side of Deck 8. Smoking restrictions also apply to e-cigarettes.

Those on the weather deck will be sharing the space with smokers.

What is meant by those on the weather deck will be sharing the space with smokers.?

Where is the weather deck?

Robert

I can see this last one being an issue for us! We're the last cabin, starboard side before the doors leading out to the open area on deck 8. We're avid non-smokers.

Deck 8 isn't quite the top - the very top, deck 9, is the sun deck, or fitness deck, or running track that's only kind of half a deck and doesn't go the whole length of the ship. Deck 8, does go the whole length of the ship. The front of Deck 8 has PS 1 cabins. The smoking area also overlooks the main swimming pool.

I imagine the "designated smoking area on Deck 8 Starboard" will be all the way aft somewhere. So the smoke blows straight off the boat underway. I can't imagine it being the whole Starboard side of Deck 8. If it is, we'll be pissed. We paid extra to live up there for 3 weeks.

I hope it is a specified area. We were in a suite on Holland America smaller ship this past fall and the aft pool was unbearable to enjoy with all the smoking. It was just jammed with cigar and cigarette smokers. There was not a designated area so the smoke was everywhere. That being the 'adult pool' that was truly outdoors was disappointing.

Additionally HAL allows smoking on verandas....

So until they change their policy we won't sail on them even tho the smaller ships and crew were really great.

I am hopeful that Viking doesn't allow this to become an issue - they do a good job segregating smoking areas on their River ships that allow for smokers and non to play well together!