Viking Star 12/8

ABDK

Second major attack on tourists reported today. Almost certain that Viking will change its itinerary.

We were scheduled to call at Bali on an HAL cruise about 3 months after the Bali bombing in 2002 and HAL changed the itinerary thus cutting out both Bali stops. We thought they were being rather cautious but in this case two major attacks within months of each other in Tunisia makes change almost imperative.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3140454/Tourists-run-lives-Tunisian-beach-gunman-carries-attack-outside-hotel-packed-Britons.html

Edited by cassandra44

I'm not doing that specific cruise, but the Feb. 21 cruise (15 day Grand Mediterraen) that also includes a stop in Tunisia. I did notice that Viking does not have any scheduled stops into Tunisia until December of this year, so I will be anxiously awaiting more information about whether or not the ship goes there in December.

Our trip includes two stops in North Africa, which is why we chose it in the first place. The other stop after Tunisia is Algeria.