Closest Car Rental Agencies to Halifax Port

From the St. John & Halifax: How Hard for a Tourist to Navigate by Rental Car? Thread.

We rented a car in Halifax last year. Enterprise was located in the train station right across the street from the pier. We drove to Lunenburg and had lunch in a restaurant right on the waterfront. We then drove to Peggy's cove. There was 4 of us and this was cheaper than doing the excursions with the ship. We had a great time. Very easy to get to.....had maps from AAA before we left.

Sorry, don't know the address. Shouldn't be hard to find though.

Perhaps the Enterprise office has moved. According to the Enterprise website, the closest office is several blocks away near the Citadel.

In 2003 and 2004, Hertz, Avis, and Enterprise all had kiosks at the pier. Hertz and Avis had shuttles to their offices.

Perhaps the Enterprise office has moved. According to the Enterprise website, the closest office is several blocks away near the Citadel.

In 2003 and 2004, Hertz, Avis, and Enterprise all had kiosks at the pier. Hertz and Avis had shuttles to their offices.

Hmm, thanks for the heads-up. I'll have to call and check.

• 4 weeks later...

We will be on the Maasdam 9/24 sailing out of Boston and in Halifax on Monday, 9/26. We are renting a car from Hertz, with plans to go to Perggy's Cove. I will be happy to report about car rental once we get back.

Note to jalakim thanks for the heads up on the restaurant!

Last year we rented a car from Budget on Hollis street, here's the info:

HALIFAX, NS-DTN

1588 HOLLIS STREET

METROPARK

HALIFAX, NS B3J 1V8 CA

902-492-7500

We walked from the cruise ship, it didn't seem that far and we aren't big walkers. When we returned the car they gave us a ride back to the ship in a shuttle. We had a blast, rented a Chrysler 300 so we went in style. Drove to Peggy's Cove, which we weren't too impressed with, then around the coast route. I think we only made it to Mahone Bay, had a great lunch then took the freeway route back. Wanted to spend more time in the town, very cute. Make sure you have a good map of downtown Halifax, I remember it being difficult to navigate with the rental car map.

If I was to do it again, I would go down the highway to Lunenburg then take my time coming back the coast route. Loved Nova Scotia, beautiful place!

Archived