Wind Surf - Caribbean

ecormier

My DH and I are considering the cruise RT Barbados on December 4/05. Due to our airline arrangements, we would have to book accommodation for one day before the cruise and one day after. Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel or b&b - something clean & reasonably priced - near or fairly accessible to the cruiseship pier? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards, Elizabeth

My DH and I are considering the cruise RT Barbados on December 4/05. Due to our airline arrangements, we would have to book accommodation for one day before the cruise and one day after. Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel or b&b - something clean & reasonably priced - near or fairly accessible to the cruiseship pier? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards, Elizabeth

Hey Elizabeth -

Nancy & I just booked the same cruise. We are left with the same question, although we may try to come earlier for a few days. If you get an answer to your question from elsewhere, please bring it back to this thread. Thanks.

Rick (& Nancy)

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I are booked, for the first time, on back to backs out of Barbados on WindSurf starting 12/04. Our travel agent has been able to time and again get us the best rates available from airlines to hotels, cruises, etc. We've done Princess (platinum member), Celebrity, 4 day getaways thruout the Carib. (mainly Jamaica and Coz).This time, however, she reccomended booking the two extra days we are spending in Barbados thru Windstar. Their rates could not be beat (although, they were not cheap). Their rates did include transfer to the airport on our departure day.

we have done the pre-cruise twice in barbados and used the accra beach hotel each time. nice hotel, reasonable rates, wonderful beach and pool. easy drive from airport and to cruiuse terminal. by the way, windstar was using this hotel and we got much better rates for the hotel on our own, although we did not get the transfers.

• 2 weeks later...

Checked with our travel agent, and in fact we are booked at the Accra. Apparently now, booking the hotel thru Windstar is cheaper than booking direct. A quick check on Expedia shows no rooms available. Hoping to meet up with you folks.

For what it's worth:

Platinum Princess Cruisers

A couple Celebrity Cruises

I Cruise Therefore I Am!!

• 4 weeks later...
I always like to meet the internet people on the cruise itself. Want to get together on our first and only sea day, Dec 5?

Time? Location?

Rick (& Nancy)

'Internet people'? I'll be on the ship, wearing an 'Island Dragway' t-shirt. You will not miss me, so long as I'm not diving or my wife isn't snorkeling. If we're not diving or snorkeling, we will be at the bar.

Archived