Paradise Beach Hotel

kapcruiser

We went to Paradise Beach Hotel upon the suggestion of our Victor Bodden driver - we told him we wanted to go to West End Beach/Tabayana.

I have not been to any of the other beach clubs along West End Beach - but they are right next to each other.

Admission was $10 pp, to have access to the facilities.

The recliners were right next to each other. Not all of them had shade, which can be a problem to some (we had a toddler and a senior with us, so we had to search around for it). A couple saw us (looking for shade) and was kind enough to offer their spots and move into the sun so we could have some shade :)

The food was expensive and it was NOT GOOD :( We ordered drinks (beer and soda) but it was warm. Our order of ceviche, club sandwich, 1 soda & 1 local beer came out to $34. We felt it was not a good deal. I mean, at the very least, have the drinks cold! They suggested putting ice in my beer :(

I only saw two washrooms for women, which also served as change rooms, so there was a long lineup. Also, one of the toilets was broken and unflushable, so it was stinky if you wanted to change in there :eek:

If we are back in Roatan, we are definitely not doing this place again.

Perhaps Bananarama, which is also a $10 pp charge. I can't say it will be better, but Paradise Beach was just bad. The water was beautiful, but that can be said for any of the beach clubs along the West End beach strip.

Don't make our mistake! Good luck!!! :)