AutoProgreso to Dzib

Can anyone tell me if there is only bus/time out to Dzibilchatun ruins each day through AutoProgreso or if we could get off the ship at our leisure and catch a bus out there? And, do they run continually back and forth between the two or are we committed to a definite time frame? I guess we're looking for some flexibility with that excursion?

Can anyone tell me if there is only bus/time out to Dzibilchatun ruins each day through AutoProgreso or if we could get off the ship at our leisure and catch a bus out there? And, do they run continually back and forth between the two or are we committed to a definite time frame? I guess we're looking for some flexibility with that excursion?

I've taken AP to Dzib 3 times and as best I recall AP will take you from the ship into town and drop you off at the central bus station, about 4-5 bocks from the beach. The bus will leave for Dzib at a specified time, around 10 or 10:30ish. Once you pay for your tour they will give you a color coded wrist band. You can leave and take a stroll around town until time to leave. I believe they only do one tour daily. You can get on the AP website and send them an email and they have always been good at answering my questions.

• 1 month later...

Be careful about verifying the time and the time zone. I booked the tour independently in January and the email told me the tour would leave at 9:00. So I took an early bus off the ship and found it was leaving at 10:30. I don't know if it was a time zone mistake or the email was incorrect.

Anyway, I walked out the back of the station and explored a few blocks around. Got some great pictures!