Junior Suites on Anthem

Does the Jr suites all have that odd shaped balcony? Is there privacy even on those decks.. It looks as though if you go to rail you look over at everyone else's balcony..or am I looking at this wrong? Thanks for any help! :)

This is a suite guaranteed room.. There is a month to go till final payment.. is there a chance that after that comes and goes.. there may be better rooms opening up that I can upgrade to for more money if need be.. This Jr suite is already costing us 6,698.89.. does that sound right? (Oct. 9 nights Bermuda-Caribbean)

Edited by Kosi

Does the Jr suites all have that odd shaped balcony? Is there privacy even on those decks.. It looks as though if you go to rail you look over at everyone else's balcony..or am I looking at this wrong? Thanks for any help! :)

This is a suite guaranteed room.. There is a month to go till final payment.. is there a chance that after that comes and goes.. there may be better rooms opening up that I can upgrade to for more money if need be.. This Jr suite is already costing us 6,698.89.. does that sound right? (Oct. 9 nights Bermuda-Caribbean)

If I was a betting man, with a JR Suite guarantee I suspect that you will end up with a Spa JR Suite, which has a great location. I had a JR Suite guarantee on my 9 night cruise in June and was given a Spa JR Suite. You can check out a quick YouTube video I did on the room at the link below.

Edited by GatorWop

As far as the price goes, that does seem quite high. I apologize, I misread your original post and realized you have a suite guarantee versus a junior suite guarantee. At that price point, I assume you will end up with a Sky Class suite so that you can enjoy the additional perks (free internet, lounge, sun deck, breakfast and lunch in coastal kitchen).

Edited by GatorWop

What your referring too, but all the JS have the same standard balcony configuration with the exception of a few hump JS's. Privacy is fine and the same as any other balcony, unless you actually lean over and say hi to your neighbor.....K.O.:)

What your referring too, but all the JS have the same standard balcony configuration with the exception of a few hump JS's. Privacy is fine and the same as any other balcony, unless you actually lean over and say hi to your neighbor.....K.O.:)

These Jr suite rooms.. 10632,10232,11232,11632 and so on ..they seem to have a strange balcony.. I guess that would be on the hump. I sure wouldn't want that.

That is not true. On the Anthem the "Junior Suites" are actually part of a family suite complex, that RCI will sell as three separate cabins (see below) as the cruise gets closer. The "junior suite" component of the complex (yellow box) is more of a square than a rectangle and is smaller than the Spa Junior Suites and Family Junior Suites. However, the balcony is larger and has a pyramid shape that jets out at the edge of the hump.

28005602522_3f3809eaf5_b.jpg

Edited by GatorWop

That is not true. On the Anthem the "Junior Suites" are actually part of a family suite complex, that RCI will sell as three separate cabins (see below) as the cruise gets closer. The "junior suite" component of the complex (yellow box) is more of a square than a rectangle and is smaller than the Spa Junior Suites and Family Junior Suites. However, the balcony is larger and has a pyramid shape that jets out at the edge of the hump.

It would be awful to be in this spa suite more than the jr suite.. I think I may change to a normal balcony room!

It would be awful to be in this spa suite more than the jr suite.. I think I may change to a normal balcony room!

Again, it sounds like you have a "suite" guarantee and not a "junior suite" guarantee. If that is the case, you will end up with a Sky Class suite, which can be a grand suite and perhaps an owner suite. I would confirm with the cruise line before you change.

And actually you would want a "spa" junior suite over a "junior suite," as the spa has more square footage, includes two bathrooms and is on the hump (watch my video). The "family" junior suite is the largest in size of square footage, but is not on the hump (little more walking from elevator and the balcony is recessed in the exterior structure.

Edited by GatorWop

Again, it sounds like you have a "suite" guarantee and not a "junior suite" guarantee. If that is the case, you will end up with a Sky Class suite, which can be a grand suite and perhaps an owner suite. I would confirm with the cruise line before you change.

And actually you would want a "spa" junior suite over a "junior suite," as the spa has more square footage, includes two bathrooms and is on the hump (watch my video). The "family" junior suite is the largest in size of square footage, but is not on the hump (little more walking from elevator and the balcony is recessed in the exterior structure.

You are right it is this.."Suite Stateroom Guarantee (W)", but all I have been reading is that you usually end up with a Jr. Suite with this.. and those have that odd balcony. I once had a grand suit guarantee and ended up with a 2 story loft room. I just don't see us being lucky enough to get anything better than a Jr Suite ..

You are right it is this.."Suite Stateroom Guarantee (W)", but all I have been reading is that you usually end up with a Jr. Suite with this.. and those have that odd balcony. I once had a grand suit guarantee and ended up with a 2 story loft room. I just don't see us being lucky enough to get anything better than a Jr Suite ..

You will not get a Jr. Suite with that class of guarantee. There are limited loft suites on the Anthem (I believe most are Star Class), so more likely you wind up with a Grand or, if you are lucky, an Owner suite. Enjoy, the ship is absolutely amazing and the Coastal Kitchen is top notch.

I'm currently on Anthem. The cabin next to me is a Family JS with 1 1/2 bathrooms. They had a "W" Gty. The balcony is the regular rectangular shape. It's close to the aft elevators and not too far from the forward elevators. Great location.

I'm currently on Anthem. The cabin next to me is a Family JS with 1 1/2 bathrooms. They had a "W" Gty. The balcony is the regular rectangular shape. It's close to the aft elevators and not too far from the forward elevators. Great location.

I think the OP should call RCI/TA and confirm. I am almost certain that it would have to state Jr Suite Guarantee to get a Jr Suite. Especially, given the price point that was paid for the guarantee.

Just checked my booking.. seems like I may be getting just a Jr spa suite.. .. it reads this now

.."Stateroom: Spa Junior Suite with Balcony Guarantee " (no room number yet though), it use to read "Suite Stateroom Guarantee Category: W"

Am I right? Remember I am paying Grand Total: $6,698.86 is this worth it? Final payment isn't due till end of month..

Edited by Kosi

Just checked my booking.. seems like I may be getting just a Jr spa suite.. .. it reads this now

.."Stateroom: Spa Junior Suite with Balcony Guarantee " (no room number yet though), it use to read "Suite Stateroom Guarantee Category: W"

Am I right? Remember I am paying Grand Total: $6,698.86 is this worth it? Final payment isn't due till end of month..

Ouch. As much as I loved my Spa Jr Suite and dining in Coastal Kitchen, that seems to be a very large premium (if pricing is for two people). How much is a standard balcony cabin?

Edited by GatorWop

ouch. As much as i loved my spa jr suite and dining in coastal kitchen, that seems to be a very large premium (if pricing is for two people). How much is a standard balcony cabin?

pricing is for 2 people

d1-

$4,496.86

e1-

$4,392.86

D2-

$4,240.86

Edited by Kosi

pricing is for 2 people

d1-

$4,496.86

e1-

$4,392.86

D2-

$4,240.86

A $2k premium is definitely reasonable and is comparable to the differential for my June cruise, but it is completely up to you as to what the extra space is worth. Also, having the Coastal Kitchen dinner option and don't forget the double Crown and Anchor points. The room is great so if you don't mind the extra dollars...enjoy it for the 9 nights.

A $2k premium is definitely reasonable and is comparable to the differential for my June cruise, but it is completely up to you as to what the extra space is worth. Also, having the Coastal Kitchen dinner option and don't forget the double Crown and Anchor points. The room is great so if you don't mind the extra dollars...enjoy it for the 9 nights.

You talked me into Rick! .. thanks for all your help.

I booked a JS guarantee for 3 people. The invoice showed 'Spa Jr Suite with balcony guarantee'. I knew I wouldn't get that because I had 3 people. (SJS are max 2 people)

I ended up with a FJS, which is what I wanted. I didn't particularly want the regular JS with the weird balcony, and I didn't think I would get it, as the price was higher than the FJS.

Even though it says, 'Spa JS guarantee', you have the potential to get any one of the 3 types of JS.

ps I booked my JS guarantee about 104 days before sailing (for 5 night cruise). The best guarantee price lasted about 10 days before going up. The guarantee price did not go down after final.

Edited by marci22

I ended up with a FJS, which is what I wanted. I didn't particularly want the regular JS with the weird balcony, and I didn't think I would get it, as the price was higher than the FJS.

Exactly! Give it to the people that don't do their research and just want to pay for some type of premium balcony. :rolleyes:

These Jr suite rooms.. 10632,10232,11232,11632 and so on ..they seem to have a strange balcony.. I guess that would be on the hump. I sure wouldn't want that.
Those staterooms are usually some of the first to go because the balconies are often larger. We always try to book a hump if it's still available....K.O.:)

I stand corrected Rick forgot about the connecting family suite setup!...K.O.:(