Saint John NB - need help, St. Andrews or St. Martin? Pictures?

Coral

Hi,

Getting close to my fall foliage trip and I am still struggling on what I should do in Saint John, NB. I am debating between St. Andrews-By the Sea or St. Martin for shore excursions. Does any one have any pictures of these 2 excursions?

Here are the descriptions:

St. Andrews By-The-Sea

Founded by American Loyalists, this charming seaside resort has attracted travelers for years. Enjoy a guided drive through St. Andrews before exploring the town on your own.

What You Visit

St. Andrews: One of the province’s oldest towns, St. Andrews was founded in 1783 by United Empire Loyalists. Most of the early settlers came from Maine, dismantling their former homes and reassembling them here. Your narrated drive passes the Charlotte County Courthouse and a blockhouse, both National Historic Sites; the Greenock Church, with its steeple of hand-carved oak; and the Algonquin Hotel, which has drawn visitors to St. Andrews for over a century. Then enjoy time to explore St. Andrews on your own.

Shopping

During your free time in St. Andrews, browse through the quaint waterfront shops and boutiques for china, fabrics, woolens or a piece by one of New Brunswick’s artisans.

What You See Along the Way

The drive from Saint John to St. Andrews offers views of the beautiful Bay of Fundy Coast and New Brunswick countryside.

--------

St. Martin's Getaway

Visit a picturesque harbor and 200-year-old fishing village for some of the most inspirational views in Canada.

What You Visit

Beach and Sea Caves: Over time, waves have carved caves out of the cliffs. Comb the rocky beach for "wish rocks," catch a glimpse of the sea caves under the cliffs, and, tide permitting, take a closer look at these unique caverns.

St. Martin’s Harbor: The 200-year-old village features twin covered bridges, a small harbor and a lighthouse, favorite subjects for photographers and painters. Join your guide for a brief walking tour of the harbor, take in the view from the lighthouse, and stroll the quaint gardens nestled between the covered bridges.

Reversing River Rapids: Tides in the Bay of Fundy rise and fall up to 50 feet a day. From the bluffs, your guide will explain how twice daily the powerful tides rise faster than the St. John River empties, forcing the river to flow upstream. Please note there is no guaranteeing what cycle the river is in during your visit.

Shopping

Browse through the local shops for giftware, souvenirs and impressive local handicrafts.

Refreshments

Enjoy a cup of homemade seafood chowder, a biscuit, and a beverage during your visit to the sea caves.

What You See Along the Way

From St. John, travel through the countryside, enjoying views of the Bay of Fundy, to St. Martins.

=========

I know I posted a more general "what should I do in these ports" awhile ago and people were very helpful. I am still undecided on this port. Thanks again for your help! I am leaning towards St. Martin since I like to take pictures.

Has anyone used Freedom tours for tours in St Johns? They offer one tour to reversing falls and St Martins and another tour to St Andrews. I'd welcome some feedback for both tours. Another thread mentioned the Falls/St Martins tour with 2 opposing views but not seen any mention of St Andrews tour.

Archived