Car rental- Canaveral to Sanford

oceanseagle12

I'm about to pull the trigger on a post-cruise flight on Allegiant at 11:40 AM from Sanford airport. Normally, I wouldn't consider any flights before noon, but the lure of a direct flight into my home town has me leaning toward an exception in this case.

Sailing Oasis. Currently have a one-way rental booked with National. Given their proximity to the terminal, I'm hoping that we can be among the first in line to disembark and get a quick rental - i.e get to the rental office before the masses do.

What's realistic here in terms of the speed of getting a rental car and getting on the road?

THANKS for any help or suggestions.

Edit to add: If anyone knows of a shared shuttle reasonably priced, I'd welcome that information. I can't seem to find any for Sanford.

Edited by oceanseagle12
add shuttle info

I'm hoping that we can be among the first in line to disembark and get a quick rental

you, and probably 500 others or so . . . .

most of the common shuttles will go to Sanford ... read past the front page ...

for example the reservations page for cocoabeachshuttle asks 'which airport'

http://www.cbshuttle.com/reservations.htm

I know that they all go to Sanford, but it seems like all they are offering is a private car, not a shuttle. I've not found a standard shuttle with service between Port Canaveral and Sanford.

Am I looking at too long of a wait for a rental car?

P.S. I've read many threads and done many searches. I try to avoid asking questions with clear answers as I've been on these boards for about 10 years.

I made some calls and got some additional information. There are at least three shared shuttles from the Port to Sanford Airport. Here is the information I found for others that may need it:

Cocoa Beach Shuttle- $98 for 2 plus 20% gratuity. Shuttles scheduled for 7:45 AM and 9:45 AM.

Travelynx, acquired by Stylus- $80 for 2, no mention of gratuity. They have a greeter at each ship and shuttle departs at 8 AM.

Travel Sanford Airport Shuttle, $30 per person, 8:30, 9:45 11:45 AM. There seems to be very little feedback on this company from anyone on CC, and I'm not sure what their actual name is.

I'll add more info as I gather it, including private car service, maybe it will help others. I'd still appreciate feedback on experience renting a car at the new(er) location for National/Enterprise/Alamo.

I made some calls and got some additional information. There are at least three shared shuttles from the Port to Sanford Airport. Here is the information I found for others that may need it:

Cocoa Beach Shuttle- $98 for 2 plus 20% gratuity. Shuttles scheduled for 7:45 AM and 9:45 AM.

Travelynx, acquired by Stylus- $80 for 2, no mention of gratuity. They have a greeter at each ship and shuttle departs at 8 AM.

Travel Sanford Airport Shuttle, $30 per person, 8:30, 9:45 11:45 AM. There seems to be very little feedback on this company from anyone on CC, and I'm not sure what their actual name is.

I'll add more info as I gather it, including private car service, maybe it will help others. I'd still appreciate feedback on experience renting a car at the new(er) location for National/Enterprise/Alamo.

Thanks for posting the info! Travel Sanford Airport Shuttle is their name. Looks like you found some solid options!

Thanks for posting the info! Travel Sanford Airport Shuttle is their name. Looks like you found some solid options!

That's a reasonable assumption, but if you google their phone number, you'll find several websites with the same phone number. And this review- https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34574-d6208147-r293420309-Port_Canaveral_Pier-Port_Canaveral_Brevard_County_Florida.html

:confused:

That's a reasonable assumption, but if you google their phone number, you'll find several websites with the same phone number. And this review- https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34574-d6208147-r293420309-Port_Canaveral_Pier-Port_Canaveral_Brevard_County_Florida.html

:confused:

The reason I said it is their name is because it is what appeared on my expense account card. I wouldn't be shocked if they have multiple company names under the umbrella of Travel Sanford.

I have a rental reservation at National. For now, the plan is to wait and see. I'm thinking that I can walk from the terminal to the rental office if need be. I'm hoping some people will come along with some experience with this location.

I'll be on the third Oasis sailing out of PC, so hopefully will also hear something about that experience after the first group comes back.

I have a rental reservation at National. For now, the plan is to wait and see. I'm thinking that I can walk from the terminal to the rental office if need be. I'm hoping some people will come along with some experience with this location.

I'll be on the third Oasis sailing out of PC, so hopefully will also hear something about that experience after the first group comes back.

It's not a bad walk. Just stay on Mullet Rd passing the Exploration Tower and the it's all nicely paved.