Nyhavn or not?

We will be staying in Copenhagen for three nights pre-cruise June 2018. We are looking for a mid-range or higher room with air conditioning in good part of town where walking at night will not be a problem.We are looking at hotels in Nyhavn as well as close to the main plaza by city hall. For those who have stayed in Nyhavn would you recommend staying here or would the more central location by city hall be better? For those who have stayed by city hall did you like this location and did you feel safe walking around at night. Thanks in advance for your help.

We stayed at the Scandic Palace across from City Hall and thought it was a great location. It was a short walk to the main train station where we took the train to Roskilde one day and Malmo the next. The pedestrian walking area is just around the corner from the hotel, and we walked all over Copenhagen. We liked it so much we are staying there again for our next cruise in July. Hope this helps.

We stayed at the Scandic Palace on our last trip. We had a large room overlooking the plaza and Tivoli Gardens. Breakfast (included) was great! I believe the hotel has air cooling rather than air conditioning if that makes a difference - we were there in early May so it was not an issue. Good location for proximity to Tivoli, train station. We have also stayed at 71 Nyhavn right on the canal. Very charming room in converted warehouse. Breakfast was good, but expensive. Location was perfect for canal boat rides, Amalienburg Palace, Little Mermaid, and the Stroget. Personally, I preferred Nyhavn, but both hotels were good. You might also check out Scandic Front - it's near Nyhavn and air conditioned. Or you could really splurge and check out the Hotel D'Angleterre [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you both for your responses. We have been going back and forth on which location to stay in but it looks like we can't go wrong with either one. I think we are leaning towards Nyhavn and just wanted to make sure there was no negative to doing so. Thanks again.

We stayed at the Radisson Blu, which on the other side of Tivoli from the City Hall. We loved the location and I did not feel unsafe at any hour, though the train station area not too far away brings out a few characters at night -- nothing that ever concerned me.

I don't know that there really was much of a difference between the City Hall area and Nyhavn. I guess if you were right on Nyhavn and looked out at the activity on the docks it would be a more charming view, but the reality is that they are pretty close to one another. Google maps says the walk between the two is about 25 minutes, which surprised me a bit, because I remember it being closer. Maybe that's because the walk is through Stroget, which itself is a fun walk. We stayed two nights after our cruise, and went to Nyhavn a couple of times. It was a very casual walk between the two and there wasn't a huge difference to me in terms of feel of the two areas.

Nyhavn has a fairly close metro stop, which might matter if you're planning on using the metro though it's fairly limited. The City Hall area is closer to the regional trains at Vesterport and the main station if that matters.

We stayed at the Scandic Front Hotel it has breakfast included and helpful staff.

Its 2 minutes walk from Nyhavn, all the street works and constuction at the hotel is finished now and we found it a great location.

The local bus pulls up out front and taxis are always around. The HoHo bus stops 100m up the road outside the Admiral hotel.

We stayed at the Bethel Hotel in Nyhavn paying a little extra to have a room with a view of the canal which we enjoyed.There was a good continental breakfast provided,no AC but although it was warm in the daytime it cooled nicely at night.We would stay there again.