WindSpirit February 4th RT St. Thomas

nancyrg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nancy,

My boyfriend and I are also cruising on the Wind Spirit on 2/4 out of St Thomas. He's been on two previous Windstar cruises, but this will be my first time. He says they're absolutely amazing.... so we're looking forward to it so much! This is your first cruise on Windstar, right? We'll be flying in to St Thomas that morning and boarding the ship...

He's done the St Thomas itinerary once before, back in 1989, but if you have any questions about the island stops, feel free to ask. Though, I imagine some things have changed since then! If you have any questions about the ship or the ports of call, let us know... we're SO excited too!!

Sue & John

Sue and John:

Yeah-someone else is on this trip!

This is indeed our first Windstar cruise-we are excited about trying something new!

We are flying to St Thomas on Thursday-we live in Chicago and the weather is so iffy that time of year, that I wanted to make sure we made the ship-and we love St Thomas so I figured it was the perfect excuse to spend a few extra days there!

The itinerary sounds great-we are looking forward to going to some new places-like St Barts.

Nancy and David

Hi Nancy,

We're so looking forward to this cruise, especially since it's been about 18 degrees here in NJ over the past few days. I've never been on a cruise before, so it'll be quite an experience for me -- been to the Bahamas & St Lucia, but none of the islands on the itinerary. John also loved St Barts - he had rented a scooter to explore the island, and we're planning on doing that this time too. It's always fun to explore new places! We both just celebrated our "40th" birthdays recently, so the cruise will be a nice celebration for us.

Looking forward to February 4th...we'll have to meet up on the deck and have a cocktail together. Until then, have a wonderful holiday!

Sue & John

• 1 month later...

I have been meaning to give a short review of our Wind Spirit cruise in December but with the holidays and work I just have not found the time. But here goes in one word "outstanding". There was nothing we did not like. The food was wonderful, the crew was great and the iternary was fun. We have before this cruised only the big box ships and while they were fun this was "really fun" We had 120 passangers on the Dec 7 cruise and by the end of the cruise we knew most of them. The first night people ask for table for 2 or 4 but by the second night your asking for a table for 8-10 which involves pushing tables together, no big deal. One night we put all the ladies at one table and all the guys at another and spent 3 hours talking, drinking and eating. No rush here. No hurry up because they have another seating. We would go down after sail away and drinks on the deck to dinner usually an hour after the dining room opened and always had a table. You must be on deck for sail away, I won't say why but you will remember the sail away forever. We did not do one excursion, choosing to go to the beach by cab and the costs were not even an issue. Most beaches were free and you paid a couple dollar each for the cab. We rarely had to wait for the tender.

The BBQ on deck was outstanding, the BBQ at Foxy's should not be missed and the BBQ on the beach was a awful lot of work for the crew to move everthing ashore in Zodiacs to a beach just to make us happy.

Our cabins were as nice and comfortable as any we have stayed in before. Lots of storage, frig, mini bar, flat screen TV. Beds are a little hard but I like that so it wasn't a problem to me. New mattress would be the only thing I would change.

We are now booking another cruise on a Windstar vessel for next December 9, either Barbados or back to the Windspirit with three couples of our new friends from this cruise. Trust me on this one, if this doen't ruin you from ever wanting to go back on a big ship then nothing will. Have fun, tell John the Deck Boy and Arvin the Bartender, Capt Mike says hello and make sure there is another bottle of Blue Label onboard for next December .

Capt. Mike,

We have booked the St. Thomas cruise for next Jan (lucky we don't have to wait the whole year to go on Windstar - we are also booked Athens to Venice in August). Did you go to Foxy's on Friday night for the BBQ? If so, how did you get there?

Also, I have not seen anything about the beach BBQ. What night do they have this? We agree that the deck BBQ is always fantastic.

By the way, we agree completely that the Windstar ships will completely outshine any of the large ships. These cruises will be our 4th and 5th on Windstar. Will never go back to the large ships.

Did you buy the CD to recreate the feeling?

We also got our cruise materials and I can't wait for next Saturday! We've been looking forward to this trip for a long time and after reading the "snapshot" from Capt Mike, it makes waiting until next saturday a lifetime away! John & I are in cabin 135, feel free to come by and we'll have cocktails together to celebrate our respective "40th" birthdays!!

Looking forward to meeting you guys and just enjoying the sunshine.

See you next week....

Sue & John

Archived