Scooter in dining room

Maryfred

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I need advice. Will be on the Grand Princess in Dec. As I am getting weaker all the time, have decided I need my Pride GoGo on the cruise. Had hoped my rollator would be all I need, but that ship is huge.

So the question is, how does a scooter work out in the dining room? We are having personal choice seating. Will I need to leave the scooter someplace, and walk to a table? I hope to get to sit by windows occasionally and not just by the entrance. It's a very narrow scooter, so hope I can just ride it to our table, and then park it by some nearby wall. Will I be allowed to do that?

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I need advice. Will be on the Grand Princess in Dec. As I am getting weaker all the time, have decided I need my Pride GoGo on the cruise. Had hoped my rollator would be all I need, but that ship is huge.

So the question is, how does a scooter work out in the dining room? We are having personal choice seating. Will I need to leave the scooter someplace, and walk to a table? I hope to get to sit by windows occasionally and not just by the entrance. It's a very narrow scooter, so hope I can just ride it to our table, and then park it by some nearby wall. Will I be allowed to do that?

I found the scooter was fine in the casual dining restaurant. I used wheelchair for the main dining room.:)

David

If there is no room for your scooter near your table, your waiter or assistant waiter will be thrilled to take it for a ride to put it someplace out of the way, then bring it back for you at the end of your meal.

You will have to push to get a seat by the window. They tend to seat wheelchair users near the doors, and in our experience you only get by the windows when the dining room is not crowded. Ask for a window seat, but don't be surprised if you cannot get there without walking a bit. It can be too crowded for a scooter on many ships.

Archived