Renting a Car in Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades

serene56

I have a person in a wheelchair. By looking around I am trying to find the easiest method to rent a car to get us to Miami.

One of our persons is disabled so getting in and out of a chair is what seems to be giving me a headache..

Get off the ship- take a taxi to the airport - rent the car-- get in a shuttle to take us to the car...seems like a lot of movement for my friend..

any help onhow to make it easier??

PLEASE

Thrifty car rental is about 2 miles from the pier, it's between the airport and the pier.

Because you pointed me in the direction I needed for a name of a rental agency --this is what I found--

Thrifty is located at 2400 Miami Road, Fort Lauderdale which is 2.35 miles from Port Everglades. They have a free shuttle that will pick us up at the pier after we call this number 1-877-283-0898 And state that I need a shuttle for a scooter which they will send one that has a lift. It costs me 54.00 total to rent a van for the 24 hour period...same price if I took the vehicle from the airport and they can not guarantee a free shuttle with a lift. So thanks-- yuou made it a lot easier for me.

Archived