Best seafood in Galveston??

cheshyrkat

What is (in your opinion, of course) the best seafood restaurant in Galveston? Money is not a consideration. I am going to be in Galveston overnight right before my birthday and my mom wants to take me out to eat at the "best" place. Problem is, I don't know anything about the restaurants! Any advice? Thanks in advance.

This doesn't answer your question, but I'm sure someone will mention Gaidos as THEE place for seafood in Galveston. Maybe once upon a time is was, but not any more.

Okay, so not Gaido's. We're staying at the Galvez if that makes a difference. We are driving in, though so we'll have a car to get to where we need to go. Thanks for the input! Anyone else have suggestions?

Have to agree with Gaido's not being all it used to be. We like Fish Tales on the seawall, Fisherman's Wharf on Pier22 and Waterman out on west end.

But if you really want a good steak go the Steakhouse in the San Juis Hotel.

:o Please be patient with me...I haven't ever eaten at or even seen any of those places. Can you tell me what the differences are between them? I wouldn't mind a good steak, but unfortunately my mom *has* to have seafood. For my birthday dinner. :rolleyes: Honestly, I don't like a lot of seafood. Maybe this will make it easier for someone to make a suggestion: I like shrimp, mild fishes, lobster and crab. That's about it. Anyone had any *to-die-for* dishes with that kind of stuff involved??

Another vote for Fisherman's Wharf. It's right next to the cruise terminal so if it's on a day that a ship is coming in and/or going out you might get to see it. They have the best fried jumbo shrimp I have ever had and I've lived along the Texas Gulf Coast for nearly 40 years so I consider myself somewhat of an expert on fried shrimp (one of my favorite seafoods). ;)

P.S. I'm glad to see a couple of other people who aren't all that impressed with Gaido's of late. I haven't eaten there for 15 years and I didn't get all the hoopla about it even back then.

Fishermans Warf!!! We loved it , my husband still talks about it to this day. We ate there 2 years ago. He had the steak and lobster.

Best steak ever, he said it was so tender almost like heaven. Plus it is a fun upbeat place right on the water.......gets you in the mood for the cruise.

novella

Archived