Alaska Cruise Tour

JSR

Hi! Has anyone done the RCL or anyone elses precruise tour in Alaska. We are considering it but I am unsure if it is too much just sitting. I am a para and am traveling with my husband and 10 year old daughter.

Thanks for all your help.

Jean

Not sure if this is what you are asking about, but my DH (quad in w/c) and I did a 5 or 6 day land tour AFTER our cruise a few year ago. This was with Princess. We LOVED it -- it was a lot of just sitting for us, but we're used to that and the scenery was so different and beautiful we didn't mind! We did a raft trip (float trip, very gentle) in Talkeetna, took the wildlife bus tour in Denali, I went horseback riding while he napped. We signed up to go to one of the dog sled places, but the transportation to the site turned out to be inaccessible for us (got a refund). After the trainride to Fairbanks we took the Riverboat cruise (one of our FAVORITE things, much to our surprise), saw the pipeline, and went to one of those touristy goldmine places. I've heard people say taking the land tour first makes sense as it may be more tiring than the cruise, and you can get pampered and recuperate on the way home. We hope to get back to Alaska one of these years, and might try it that way!

Archived