Marinier, tender post with Powerchair

Sarahsmom85

Hi

Please advise me. I just got off the phone with a lady from the special needs info line for RCCI. We are on the Mariner. my DH uses a powerchair. I asked about tendered posts and she said that he could use his powerchair on the tenders. Has anyone done this? I was going to bring his manual chair but if he can use his electric chair he would rather.

Has anyone done this or seen it being done?

Thanks Linda

What ports? If you stop at Labadee, this is the private island beach resort - think Sand. I believe RCI has the Sand Wheelchairs available for your use, but I could be wrong. Check that out. Right now Cozumel is tender due to the damage and still Grand Cayman. Not sure if the Power chair will be easy to utilize if you need taxi's to get from one place to another. Hope you both enjoy the Mariner as much as we did.

I would be getting one of the beach chairs at labadee. Yes they do have them. Last cruise Costa cruise line, we just put him in a lawn chair under an umbrella and there he stayed.

Jamaica I have a wheelchair van booked. Grand Caymen I think we will stick close to the dock area. Cozamel I think I have a number for a wheelchair van company.

We would not be transfering to a cab anyway even if we took a manual chair.

some of RCI's newer ships (voyager class) do have tenders-systems that can be used by power wc-users. Getting on and off the tender is one issue, but getting around in the port is an entirely different issue. Yes, you probably can get on and off the tender in a power wc (haven't checked my notes on MAriner but if special needs say it will accommodate a power wc it will); however I still advise a man wc for getting around in the port areas in the caribbean. High curbs, no curb-cuts ans all the usual caribbean obstacels make a power wc a pain. Much easier to navigate in a man wc.

Candy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Can anyone give advice on how accessible our trip to Greek islands RCI will be we are doing turkey 2 cities besides Istanbul and greek islands santorini also Venice and Rome

I have an Auto go scooter I would like to take do you think I will be able to use it much it is light weight and fold nicely for the buses etc and I can also use it as a walker any opinion would be helpful

ThanksJo

Archived