NCL Cruise out of Houston

Lucy Recardo

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to stay in Houston the Friday night before our cruise departs? We are a group of 20 + departing on the Norwegian Dream, Saturday March 11th. Our group consists of families with teenagers. The area around the port looks somewhat industrial. Do any hotels offer free shuttle to the port? Will they allow us to keep our car there? Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!

There are a few motels in Kemah, several miles south of La Porte along SH 146, including a very nice boardwalk area. They are within a quick driving distance of the cruise terminal in LaPorte. It would probably be safer to park your car at the terminal, its only $49 for the whole week.

There is also a motel in La Porte along SH 146 which is even closer to the terminal. This motel does provide a van service to the terminal. I'm not sure, but I think its called the Quality Inn. There have been many posts on this subject in the past, a search of Kemah or La Porte may bring them up.

Comfort Suites in La Porte will let you leave your car there for the week. They have a shuttle service to the port for $5 per person. We had a party of 4 last year, so I drove the other 3 to the port, dropped off our luggage, then returned to the motel and took the shuttle back to the port. Distance is short, probably 1-2 miles. They also have a free full breakfast, reasonable rates, and are located across the street from the La Porte police station. Nice, clean, friendly place, and the $49 parking fee at the port that you save will pay for most of your motel bill. I believe there is also a LaQuinta nearby with similar setup.

Comfort Suites

902 South 8th Street , La Porte, TX, US, 77571

Phone: (281) 842-9200

Archived