Celebrity Cruises "Horizon"

I've heard stories and rumors, but does anyone know where the Celebrity Cruises ship "Horizon" is now?

Horizon will join Royal Caribbean subsidiary Island Cruises for summer 2006 as the Island Star. Here is an advanced publicity picture of her in her new "colors"

Horizon_IslandStar-02.jpg.6005ee55dd8e9b6e9a231e4eb47774ec.jpg

will join Royal Caribbean subsidiary Island Cruises for summer 2006 as the Island Star.

Actually, she already has joined Island Cruises. Their ships are positioned in the Brazilian market in winter (their summer) and the UK market in (our) summer. So she is currently sailing in Brazil for the local market and will make her way to the Med for the UK market in the spring.

When is it going to re-enter passenger service?

See above - she already has.

• 4 weeks later...

We loved the Horizon (and Bermuda) so much we did the same cruise twice. The Horizon might not have a centrum, Portofino's, ice skating rink, rock climbing wall, promenade, balcony suites, etc., but we sure had the best time. It's small, intimate and elegant. We also remember the food as being the best of all our cruises. Children's program was awesome. I'm glad she is still in service, even without her black X.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually - the X on Horizon is built into the funnel..... they have stuck the Island Cruises logo over the X. If you look carefully, you can still see it. I saw a really good picture somewhere - I will try to find it. She looks very pretty in her new colors, better than she did for Celebrity to be honest.

Archived