parrot jungle in miami

bahamabound

Hi! I am new to the boards and have a question. I have 2 kids 3 & 5 and we are going to be in miami. I have heard about parrot jugle as an excursion. Is it worth it? Is is just like a zoo? Would a day at south beach be better (shopping and beach time)? Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks!! icon_rolleyes.gif

I went last summer with my 15 year old son and 14 year old niece. We got through the actual exhibits fairly quickly and they weren't overly impressed as the cages are kind of small for the birds. What was fun, however, are the shows - esp. the one with the baby tiger and chimp. Watching those 2 play was worth the price of admission alone as it was about the cutest thing I've ever seen. At the end they offer a photo op of your family holding either the tiger cub or the chimp and we had pictures with both. I'll never forget the feeling of holding that baby tiger as it was totally amazing. You have to pay about $40 for the pics if I remember. They also had a retarded young gorilla female and she was sitting in a pool. It was both sad and interesting to watch. I wouldn't say Parrot World is a "must see" attraction but it's OK for a morning.

• 1 year later...

Archived