Western Caribbean weather in July...Please advise

biggrigs

My wife and I are planning a cruise on Carnival Conquest to the Western Caribbean in July but I'm worried about the weather. Not as worried about being carried away by a hurricane as I am spending a week in the rain. Has anyone been out there at that time of year? Booking soon, so please reply with any advice.

icon_smile.gif

Think hot and humid! You can probably expect some rain showers along the way, as this is the rainy season in the Gulf/Caribbean. I've cruised in July, and also stayed in Cancun in July, and it is very hot and humid, and we got rain both times. On our cruise, it would rain off and on, and wasn't too bad. In Cancun, we were there for a week, and it rained steadily for two days (not a problem when you're at an all-inclusive!!). Last July (late July), Hurricane Claudette hit in the Western Caribbean, and forced some cruise ships to change their itineraries. The bottom line is that you can get lousy weather and great weather any time of the year down there. IMO, the best weather in the Gulf/Caribbean is from Dec through April. I was in Cancun the first week of May this year, and we had rain for a couple of days. On the other hand, I took a cruise in mid-October several years ago, and the weather was perfect! Mother Nature will never let you know what she's up to! Go ahead and book your cruise - you'll have a wonderful time!

Most of the rain will be isolated thunderstorms and showers. During the at sea days the ship will attempt to doge as many of them as it can and still maintain it's arrival time at the next port.

Bill D

RCCL Song of Norway 7/79?

CCL ? 12/84

RCCL Viking Serenade 7/01

RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas 12/01

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 5/02

RCCL Monarch of the Seas 7/02

RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas 12/02

Princess Grand Princess 6/03

RCCL Voyager of the Seas 12/03

RCCL Vision of the Seas 3/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Rhapsody of the Seas 5/30/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;12;20;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Empress of the Seas 12/20/2004

Archived