Large Group - Suggestions for private tour, reviews of Victor Balbin/Countryside Tours?

007003s

Our upcoming family cruise stops in San Juan from 1pm to 8pm.

We are looking for a tour guide with a large vehicle to give us our own tour of New/Old San Juan and potentially El Yunque/Mina Falls.

Has anyone used Countryside Tours/Victor Balbin?

Also, any suggestions on things to see or avoid while in San Juan?

Thanks!

How large of a group do you have. We met a wonderful driver/tour guide last week. I am going to post a full review of our trip soon. He has a full size van that holds ten people.

Underway is the only way

USS JFK 76-80, SS Pecos 81,

SS Concho 82-83,84,SS Trinty 83,SS San Marcos 84, USNS Mizar 84-85, USNS Misipillion 85,USNS Spica 85,87-88 DRYDOCKED 88-2000,Fasination 00,Destiny 02,

Connie 4-17-04

Hi, I haven't had time to do my reviews but beleive me,after 12 years of working on ships, and 3 cruises Mr.Pedro Santiago is A Number ONE, Top of the heap....

We did 2 days pre cruise and were lucky to meet him. Did the El Yunque tour with him. We agreed for a 5 hr tour and it ended up being 8 hrs. He never asked for one dime extra.

We tiped him well and used him from the Hilton to the ship, then the ship to the airport post cruise with a stop at Bacardi. Do your self a favor and call him before you leave. He was the highlight of out stay in San Juan which we have renamed San Pedro in his honor. He has a full size extended 2002 Ford van, it will hold 11

Pedro Santiago

Cell 787-413-2970

Home 787-768-3022

PS Pedro was a night club singer while he lived in New York , ask him to sing a song and you will be amazed.

SS Concho 82-83,84,SS Trinty 83,SS San Marcos 84, USNS Mizar 84-85, USNS Misipillion 85,USNS Spica 85,87-88 DRYDOCKED 88-2000,Fasination 00,Destiny 02,

Connie 4-17-04

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello Cool Cruiser, a little late for a reply but just wanted you to know that VIctor Balbin is a government certified tour guide endorsed, by the Puerto Rico Tourist Board . He can easily arrange tours and transportation for groups of 2 to 50. Dependable, flexible , responsible and over all with a great concern that vistors to the island receive the best service.

• 1 year later...
Hi, I haven't had time to do my reviews but beleive me,after 12 years of working on ships, and 3 cruises Mr.Pedro Santiago is A Number ONE, Top of the heap....

We did 2 days pre cruise and were lucky to meet him. Did the El Yunque tour with him. We agreed for a 5 hr tour and it ended up being 8 hrs. He never asked for one dime extra.

We tiped him well and used him from the Hilton to the ship, then the ship to the airport post cruise with a stop at Bacardi. Do your self a favor and call him before you leave. He was the highlight of out stay in San Juan which we have renamed San Pedro in his honor. He has a full size extended 2002 Ford van, it will hold 11

Pedro Santiago

Cell 787-413-2970

Home 787-768-3022

PS Pedro was a night club singer while he lived in New York , ask him to sing a song and you will be amazed.

Connie 4-17-04

What did he charge per person? Thanks! Nancie

Hello I just wanted to point out another transportation company that is certified by the Tourism company known as Dreamland Tours 787 364-0009. They can accomodate large groups as well and provide tours to many well known destinations around the San Juan area, best of these would be the El Yunque and the Biobay tour. Just another option

• 1 year later...
Hello Cool Cruiser, a little late for a reply but just wanted you to know that VIctor Balbin is a government certified tour guide endorsed, by the Puerto Rico Tourist Board . He can easily arrange tours and transportation for groups of 2 to 50. Dependable, flexible , responsible and over all with a great concern that vistors to the island receive the best service.

We're coming to San Juan again! This time we are bringing my father-in-law and my 13 y.o. daughter. We'll be coming in 10/17/09 precruise for one day. Would love to see you if you're "in town."

Karen in Kentucky

Hi Karen, Wish you could be there sometime when I am. Looking at early Jan. 2010

right now, staying until March. Did meet Victor a few years ago. Very nice and lots of

fun! Have a great cruise!

TN/IN/OH

Hi Karen, Wish you could be there sometime when I am. Looking at early Jan. 2010

right now, staying until March. Did meet Victor a few years ago. Very nice and lots of

fun! Have a great cruise!

TN/IN/OH[/quote

Hi Oaktree!

We're looking at the Celebrity Summit on April 3, 2010! Wish you'd stay until we get there! I hope we meet someday!!

We're also thinking of using Victor in October. I better get on the ball and decide what we want to do!!

Great to hear from you!!

Karen:)

Archived