cruise ship calendar for Grand Cayman

imatarb

I stumbled onto this website, and thought it was an invaluable item for those of us who would like to know how many other ships we might have to contend with while in port in Grand Cayman!

Enjoy!

Cayman Island Port Authority Cruise Ship Schedule

Lisa icon_smile.gif

Monarch of the Seas - '94

Royal Majesty - '96

Countdown to VICTORY

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

This is very confusing to me, my itineray from Royal Caribbean, Rhapsody puts us in 7am to 4pm. If I go by the Grand Cayman Port schedule,we don't dock until 2?? departing at 11pm? They can't both be right!

tinsel57

Jennifer,

Glad to be able to help. Have a great time, and be sure to post a bit of a review when you return!

Lisa icon_smile.gif

Monarch of the Seas - '94

Royal Majesty - '96

Countdown to VICTORY

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We will be the only ship in GC on Sunday April 25th. I wonder if there will be much open that day since it is a Sunday. We are on the RSSC Voyager with only 700 people so I can't see the GC shops getting very excited about such a relatively small number of people.

Does anyone know what we should expect on a Sunday? Especially for shore excursions. Will all the different Sting Ray City tours be running?

Mike

and the opposite question-we are in port on the Century on a day when there are 6 other ships in port also--will it be very crowded? Do you have to tender-and will this make tendering a slow process?

I was also wondering why the Port Authority has the Rhapsody in port from 2pm - 11pm beginning this week through the rest of the year. Does anyone know if her port times are changing? I have a private excursion planned and would really like to know which port times are actually correct.

I have the same concerns about the Rhapsody and am planning to call RCCL in the morning. I doubt they will have much info, but at least someone there will learn what's on the Cayman port website.

I'm not sure what kind of night life is on that island, and I had wanted to go snorkeling there. Night expeditions in the water, while interesting, are not my thing.

Adventure of the Seas 9/21/03 - wish I was still there!!!

Just got off the phone with Customer Service at RCCL. The woman was very nice, but she just read to me what was on the website. I explained that what I was reading was from the Port Authority of the Cayman Islands, and that if there was a mixup, we could show up at 7 and they wouldn't let us dock until 2.

I eventually got her to say that she would give this info to her supervisor, but I'm not sure this will do anything.

I'm about to use the RCCL website.

I called RCCL customer service at lunch, and the very nice woman on the phone assurred me that the website still showed the correct times. I explained that the website I was looking at was a different one, and the one for the Cayman Port Authority. I told her that I'm sure that there was just a mistake somewhere, but my concern was that maybe the people in Cayman really thought we wouldn't be there until 2, and what if they made us sit out at sea until then?

She did say that she would forward these concerns to her supervisor, but I did not get a warm feeling that anything would be done. I will be using their website customer service later today, and hopefully it will be a better way to communicate.

Thanks for that update. I emailed customer service last Friday and haven't heard anything back yet. Maybe we will get some feedback from the guests onboard this week since the Cayman site lists their port time for tomorrow to be 2pm-11pm. Let me know if you find anything out.

Just emailed this note at the RCCL site:

"The Cayman Island Port Authority cruise ship schedule shows that the Rhapsody of the Seas is in port 2PM - 11PM on Thurs on our cruise. These times are not what are on your schedule. That site shows these times for this ship for almost all weeks this year. http://www.caymanport.com/schedule.htm

This information is being seen by many Rhapsody passengers on many cruises, and they are nervous. (It is being discussed on cruise bulletin boards.)

We are concerned about how to plan for a late afternoon-night in port, and/or being stuck out at sea while the ship's crew and the port authority negotiate a berth in port. This may seem farfetched, but ever since the Coast Guard evicted a Celebrity ship from Charleston, some people are nervous.

Please let me know how this is resolved."

I will report back their response.

Annagregg - I'm glad to hear from someone in the CIs. I know things are very laid back in the Caribbean; I'm just concerned that it will be MY cruise that the Cayman Port Authority picks to stick to their guns and decide to follow their own website. Even then, it wouldn't be dreadful, but vacations aren't supposed to have inconvenient mixups when you have handed control over to professionals.

The ROTS was supposed to be in port today, and the Cayman website aid 2-11. Did you happen to be at the pier today to notice who was in and who was waiting?

Counting down to the Rhapsody OTS - 12/05/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;5;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

All the scheduled ships were in by 8.30am this morning when I was down there. I will be down by the dock next Thursday (when the ROS of scheduled to next be in port) so can do a double check on what time it comes in. What date is your cruise?

Annagregg - THANK YOU for doing all this leg work! My cruise isn't until Dec., so I'm pretty sure everything will be worked by then. The story about the Coast Guard making a Celebrity cruise ship depart with people on shore at Charleston has me spooked though.

BTW - is it very unusual for boats to bypass Cayman at this time of year? It seems to be happening quite a bit recently, and I thought winter would be a worse time to try to get close.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;5;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

mconthehighsees -- one of the posters on our meet and mingle thread is an employee. She will be on the Rhapsody in May. She said she hasn't heard anything about the port time changing and doesn't think they would ever stay in Cayman that late. Anyway, she is going to check it out so don't worry. If anything, I will be on the second week of May and will let you know the scoop.

BrandelynCon - Thank you for taking my misgivings seriously, and asking the woman from you Meet and Mingle to look into this.

I honestly believe that the posting on the Cayman port site is an error, but it never hurts to double check, especially when dealing with government agencies.

To all - I've learned in the past that just because I'm the only one to voice a concern, it doesn't mean that I'm the only person who has it. So I speak up, sometimes take some guff, but at least I did something.

Drove past the port yesterday morning at 7.20am. Rhapsody was in port, and anchored. Drove past again at around 9.00am and they were tendering. Think that the RCCL itinerary is probably correct. Good to hear that the CI Authority have changed their publicised schedule to match!

• 3 years later...

Archived