Help with hotels in Galveston

enchantress13

I can't decide which is better to stay at?? Hotel Galvez or Harbor House?? Would any of you that have stayed at either or both let me know which is best? And as for walking to the pier (with luggage) how far was the walk from Harbor House??

Thanks

Stephie:confused: ;)

I have stayed at the Harbour House before and will be staying there again this June. Excellent location, easy walk to cruise terminal (as long as you don't have much luggage). The Harbour House is right at the terminal and the Strand, the other hotels are mostly on the beach anywhere between 3 and 12 miles away. You can take the trolley for a dollar that will take you thru the strand, housing area and along the beach. You can get off if you want to, or continue back to Harbour House. I highly recommend this hotel to stay at.

I would highly recommend Harbor House. While I have not stayed at Hotel Galvez, I have recently stayed at HH. We (all 26 in our group) LOVED the hotel. Very nice but simple furnishings. Large and spacious rooms. Excellent view of the harbor and cruise ships. Within walking distance of several nice restaurants and shops. Short walk to the terminals. We all walked, pulling our rolling luggage, and were checked in and eating lunch at the Windjammer (on RCI Splendour of the Seas) within 35 minutes of leaving the hotel. I had one rolling bag, with a smaller bag attached on top. Plus I carried my carryon. It was not a "walk in the park" but not hard either. If you take your time and don't have more than one bag to pull, it shouldn't be a problem in nice weather.

This hotel gets our vote! We've stayed there several times and will again in November for our Splendour cruise.

I agree with EagerToCruise about the spaciousness of the rooms. You can't beat the views and what a magnificent sight to watch your ship come in!

We borrowed the hotels luggage dolly to roll our luggage to the ship and then when we returned had a porter help us take our luggage back to the hotel for 20.00. That was a big help!

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy your cruise!

I agree with all the above. We really like the HH.

However, unless you leave on Princess or Carnival your walk is longer. We sailed on the Galaxy and had to pass the Grand which was at the pier closest to HH that day. When we got back, we had the same hike, past the Ecstasy. I think RCI must use the further pier too. It was still doable but not near as easy.

BUT, if you are sailing on the Grand or one of the Carnival ships, your walk is a piece of cake!

Archived