Parking at Galveston

vmcb

Has anyone used EZCruise parking (or other private parking service) vs. the port parking? Wondering if just as convenient, easy to use at the port parking. Thanks for any input.

Easier than the port parking as they will shuttle you and your luggage to/from the ship. The port parking does not carry luggage, so you must drop off your luggage and then go park and get their shuttle back to the terminal.

I have used EZcruise about 4 times now and it has always been great. Their price is also about 2/3 that of the port. Book on line and get a $5 discount. www.ezcruiseparking.com :)

We also had an excellent experience with EZCruise. The lot attendants and drivers were friendly and helpful, and they provide an area of shade if you must wait a few minutes for your shuttle to load.

After disembarking, my DH even chose to stroll over to the lot from the terminal to pick up our vehicle while I waited with the kids and luggage. Don't know if we would have had to wait for the van to fill early in the morning (with Express Disembarkation) but we sure were able to depart quickly and easily!

We used them last year in Sept. when hurricane Rita hit and we were out to sea for 10 days instead of 7 and they didn't charge any more for the extra days. Good service and when we did get back, they got us ahead of other people waiting. Super people!

Missy:)

We didn't do our homework and used the port parking in Galveston. EZCruise gets rave reviews while the port parking is sloppy, slow and not very well managed. It took us 45 to 60 minutes each way for the shuttle to pick up and drop off. And, if you are by yourself, I don't know what arrangements you'd make to drop off your luggage as luggage isn't allowed on the shuttle.

It's a No Brainer-EZ Crusie Parking. used them 4/5 and you can't go wrong. Don't follow the signs to pier, head downtown then turn off to EZ and you won't be in the line to the ship either. Take little luggage and roll off on return and you will be on your way home by 9 am with all your bags and not torn up either.. love the ROS, have a ball.......

Thanks for the info about EZ park. This sounds great. We considered staying in a hotel that has pier shuttle but this sounds better and won't limit us to which hotel or to having to drive all the way to Galveston on Sat.

Would it be best to unload luggage and then go to park car?

We have ten women and luggage for ten women!!!

Does anyone know what the 'car cover' is? This is not covered parking, is it?

Thanks,

Karin

The car cover is like a tarp that covers the car.

They have vans that will hold quite a bit. If you have never been to the port in Galveston, dropping off can be quite a pain. As for the hotel stay and park, we found last time that most of the hotels now require a 2 night stay. Hope you enjoy your cruise! ROS is wonderful!!!

Missy

I have used EZ Cruise and found it easier to drop off my family and then park. It is only a couple of blocks away from the pier so it was a quick walk back. I did the same thing upon returning from the cruise so I didn't have to wait on a shuttle to fill.

I was able to see my van in the EZ Cruise parking lot as I ate lunch in the Windjammer. I could also see it when I was eating breakfast the morning we returned and I didn't have nearly the happy face.

I have heard that EZ Cruise has an auxillary parking lot that some have had to park in when the main lot was full. Be sure to make reservations early and try to get there early. We got there about 12:30 pm and had no problems.

We used them last NOV 2005. i went to their website at http://ezcruiseparking.com/ and was able to get the online discount. It was easy to find and although the neiborhood surrounding the port looks scary, the parking area had high iron gates that protects the cars. We arrived at 10:30 on the morning of our departure and was at the pier in 10 min, since the van went back and forth so quick.

On our return, we did the earliest disembarkation where you unload your own stuff. We were off the boat in 10 minutes, and then once we were outside, the vans from EZ were already there ready to go. We did have one mishap, which was nobody's fault. One of our liquor bottles fell off and broke while we loading the van. The manager gave our money back and was very nice about it. No problems at all , we'll definitely use them again.

Archived