Dec 30 Costa Rica Cruise

yogagal47

A few questions: We are thinking about this cruise with our kids, ages 24 and 25. Our son likes to surf-would this be available on the cruise(the website mentions surfing in nicaragua)and if so, do they have surfboards on the sports deck? How is the diving/snorkeling this time of year? Thanks for your responses and comments. Just a note: we have cruised Windstar three times previously-once in Tahiti and twice in Europe on the Surf.

Julie

We took this cruise last year, with our 15 and 16 year olds. There were no other high school aged children on the cruise, but there were about 5 or 6 college students and 3 or 4 twenty somethings. They formed a nice group by the third day, and all enjoyed each other's company along with several of the younger ship's officers.

In Nicaragua, we took a tour to Grenada, so I can't answer your question on surfing very well. I will say I don't recall much surf at this stop, or at any other.

It was the best vacation we have ever taken. I know there are some good surfing spots near some of the Pacific ports, maybe you can find them with an Internet search.

have fun!

Beth

Archived